Rejection

Harry's POV
Fred wanted me to ask if Y/N fancied anyone. It was obvious that Fred fancies Y/N, so let's see if she fancies him aswell.

George and I are competing to see who's a better wingman and if I can get Y/N to say she fancies Fred, I'll win for sure. I bet that they'd be together by Halloween and George bet it'd be Christmas because Fred is too scared.

I spotted Y/N talking to Cedric Diggory and other hufflepuffs and went to approach her.

"Hey Y/N! Cedric," I gave him a friendly nod which he returned.

"Oh hi Harry! I was just talking to Cedric about the Triwizard Tournament, he wants to enter."

"That's great. You should go for it." I encouraged Cedric, we aren't exactly mates, but we are both friendly.

"No, I knew he'd have the ability to win, but I didn't want him to because its dangerous,"

"C'mon Y/N I'd be fine, and it's not like I'm going to be picked."

"You should still go for it, I know you're a great wizard," I kindly said receiving death glares from Y/N, "Can I talk to you in private?"

Y/N followed me away from Cedric to somewhere more private.

"So, what do you need Harry?" She asked me, looking confused. Y/n and I aren't that close. We haven't gotten as close as she is with the twins or I am with Ron and Hermione. I hope we get closer soon though.

"Uhh, well you see, I was wondering if you fancy anybody?" I choked out, I didn't wanna ask her, but I had to. She might think I fancy her or something, but I need to win this bet.

Y/N gave out an awkward laugh, "Why would you think that? Has anyone told you anything?"

"Well I know someone who fancies you and I was wondering who you fancy," I lied.

"I can't tell you it's a secret. Who fancies me?" Y/n asked trying to change the subject.

"C'mon Y/N you can tell me anything," I pleaded, I would beg on my knees if needed.

Y/N POV

'Why did Harry wanna know so bad? Did he see Filch and I? Who fancies me?'

"I fancy Filch," You said and regretted it immediately 'Shit. Shit. I just told Harry what do I do now'

Harry let out a laugh and you joined in with a fake giggle. "Nice one Y/N, now tell me who you really fancy. Is it Cedric?" Harry speculated.

You felt a wave of relief wash over you, thank god he laughed it off. "I mean I don't really fancy anyone. I guess Cedric is cool, but I'm not sure if it's because we are good friends or if I fancy him," You lied through your teeth. If he thought you liked Cedric he'd leave you alone.

"Oh." Harry said looking disappointed. 'Why did Harry look so sad?'

You said bye to Harry and as you were walking back to McGonagall's class you saw Filch. He looked so handsome today, you weren't sure how he always looked so good. You told yourself your crush on Filch is okay because it's not going to go anywhere. It's just a school girl crush. 'Then why do I think of him every second of the day?' You questioned yourself.

Fred's POV

"I'm really sorry, I know how much you like her." George said to me. Harry just came back with the news. She fancies Pretty Boy Diggory. How could she like him? I still have a chance if I ask her out before Cedric.