The Yule Ball

It was the ball today already! You and Cedric had planned to meet there. Since he was a champion, all eyes would be on you and Cedric, and the other champions with their dates. You were currently chattering about the ball with the girls. All the talk about who's going with who or who's wearing what was getting annoying.

     It was Ginny, Hermione, Luna, Angelina, and you in the Gryffindor common room. You all had planned to get ready together in your and Angelina's dorm since your other roommates were getting ready elsewhere.

     "So, Hermione did you ever get asked?" You asked, curiously. You remembered that you and her were going to go together if no one asked her.

     "Uh n-no." Hermione stuttered, her face as red as Fred's hair.

     "Ooh, Hermione has a date!" Ginny squealed in excitement. Ginny was known to get into everyone's business and it was quite amusing.

      "What! I just said no." Hermione said defensively.

     "Okay, but your face says it all." Angelina chimed in.

     "Not to mention you stuttering." I mentioned.

     "You guys are evil!" Hermione exclaimed.

     "Come on Hermione! You can tell us anything." Luna said with a genuine smile that she always wore.
     "Pleaseee." Ginny begged, dragging on the e.

     "Fine," Hermione huffed in defeat, blowing her brunette hair out of her face, "No judging right?"

     You all nodded in agreement and sat on the edge of our seats. If Hermione was hiding the identity of her date, it must be good. 'What if it was Ron' You thought remembering the obvious awkwardness to each other.

     "Viktor Krum." Hermione finally admitted. All of your jaws dropped, eyes got wide, and stared in disbelief at the girl.

     "What? The Viktor Krum?" You asked in disbelief.

     "The quidditch star?" Ginny questioned.

     "What, is it really that hard to believe? I'm not that ugly right?"

     "No, just it's hard to believe that Viktor would ask our Hermione. I never thought you'd say yes to him either." Angelina said.

     "Well I did."

     "Now you and y/n will both be going with a champion." Angelina pointed out.

     "Wait? What?" Ginny and Hermione said at the same time.

     "Yeah, Diggory." Angelina said.

     "Oh, forgot to tell you guys." You admitted and laughed it off.

     "Its okay y/n! Everyone forgets sometimes." Luna smiled.

     "No it's not! This is big information and you just forgot to mention it to your best friends! Unbelievable!" Ginny glared at me and Hermione joined in too.

     "I'm sorry, he asked me and then I got detention and then Fred and George exploded something in Filch's office." Their eyes went wide again.

     "Seriously woman, do you not tell is anything!" Hermione exaggerated, throwing her arms in the air.

     "I got detention with Filch and then they pulled a prank to try and get me out of it." You explained, leaving out tons of details.

     Fred and George walked into the conversation mid-sentence, "You're welcome by the way!" They said at the same time.