Chapter 32 - I ❤️ Us

Nihan felt ravenous with hunger and it wasn't even dinner time yet! 
She entered the favorite zone of the house off late — the  kitchen to munch, and saw Turkan Theyze  sitting crestfallen at the head of the dining table, with the most worried look etched on her face! 

"Turkan Theyze!
Ney oldu?!
What happened my dear Theyze?
I have never seen you look so sad before!
Is everything ok? 
Should I call Serdar?
You are worrying me sick!"

Nihan looked at her with round worried eyes, rubbing her 4 1/2 month tummy! 

"Tsk! Tsk!
I am only worried about my Defne! 
See, she is getting married and I am not able to contact my daughter to invite her for the wedding! 

"Theyze!
I think it would be best if you ran this by Defne before you take any decision! 

I don't think she would favor you, inviting her mother! 
You don't want to send her up in flames of anger, knowing our renegade! 

I am not sure if Serdar would want it either! 
Or else he would have insisted on you inviting her, for our own wedding!

Hadi! Get up and freshen up before he comes for dinner! 
When is our Defocik expected back in town?"

Nihan, though knowing fully well that she must be flying into Istanbul as she spoke, acted as though she was in the blind! 

"Why do you ask?
Did your friend not tell you when she will be back?
I think by tomorrow or by Wednesday! 

Nihan!
I still feel I should contact my daughter to come attend Defne's wedding!
How would you feel if your mother wouldn't be next to you?
Soyle?  Tell me now!"

Annane kept coming back to the same point with the same dejected look!

"Theyze!
Let's ask Defne and then come to a conclusion, Tamaammu? 
Please let's not take any decision by ourselves. 
Now that a big name worthy family is involved too! 
I am not sure how the Iplikci's will feel, with a runaway daughter making a come back!"
Reasoned Nihan to her best logic!

"Aah! The Iplikcis!!
By the way Hulusi bey spoke, about his family, there are so many loopholes in their own family, before they could point at someone else's and make fun of them! 
By the way, wonder where he is and how come he stopped visiting us all of a sudden!! 
He sent me a text of one sentence:  teşekkür ederim; thank you very much for everything. 
I shall visit you all soon and poof!
He is gone!! 
Let me call him to find out what is happening at his end!"

"Tamaam! 
I see that you two are  getting to be quite the bosom pals! 
I won't be surprised if the Iplikcis come asking for our girl 'Turkan Sultana' for the senior Iplikci next!"

Nihan was quickly shooed with the kitchen towel by a blushing Annane for having being teased! 

Nihan left the room laughing and relieved for having brought a smile on Turkan theyze's face and happily fell into the loving arms of a jubilant Serdar returning from the cafe! 

He hugged the  new momma-to-be and asked,
"Nay oldu?
What's happening! 
So nice to see everyone laughing!"
When Nihan laughingly repeated Annane's possible proposal from Hulusi bey, he went all mock astonished, astounded and awesomely mock happy at the mere prospect of it all!

"Annane is that true??
Is that a possibility?"

"Your wife is as bad a renegade as my granddaughter!! 
Who is going to come and ask this old prune for her hand? 
Now, if it is Omer types, I would consider."
She finished coyly to loud hoots and shouts and clapping from all three, Esra included! 
Topal household was ringing with lots of laughter and teasing and pulling one another's legs mercilessly.