CH 06

How do you like to start your day? Are you a morning person? Because Kara isn't. Or, at least she wasn't...

"Kara..."

The grumpy blonde doesn't reply, she just covers her head with the blanket. Clark chuckles, finding it very cute. His cousin sometimes acts like a little kid and it's cute, so cute that Clark would love to let her sleep all the time she wants but they have their 1st doctor appointment today, and, it's important so...

"Kara... Kara, wake up..."

Clark just hears groans coming under the blankets. With the eyes closed, Kara refuses to wake up, even when the rays of sunshine illuminate the room when Lex opens the curtains. Lex raises an eyebrow because even with the light of the sun, the girl refuses to wake up. The smart Luthor doesn't know what else to do, but Clark has an idea of what they can do to wake her up.

For a moment the room stays quiet, and Kara deeply signs. 'I can keep sleeping' was the feeling of the blonde when no one continued to wake her up. Kara was ready to return to dreamland, but she wasn't ready for what Clark had planned to wake her up.

A delicate sweet aroma enters the room, it doesn't go undetected by the blonde, especially when she inhales it and recognizes the flavors.

"Hmmm... pancakes..."

Kara mumbles with the eyes closed. She hasn't opened them yet, but she can already see what is waiting for her. The golden syrup cascading the yummy, puffed cornmeal. With the berries from the Kent's garden on top of the spongy circles. The perfect picture if you ask Kara. And, the perfect way to get her out of bed.

"I knew that this would wake you up"

Clark smiles when he sees his dear cousin, devouring the plate of pancakes. Lex just chuckles because, of course it's food, the only way to get to Kara, just like Clark.

"You're definitely family"

Clark and Kara stare at each other and giggle under the comment of the dear Luthor. And yes, Kara as well as Clark, she loves to eat. She can eat anything, except green things. Vegetables are her Kryptonite just like for Clark, something that Lex wants to change, but it's easier to say than done. Even so, it's not just the food what Kara loves, it's all the affection, all the love and tenderness that Clark conveys in the pancakes. They are made with love, and Kara can feel it in each bite. So, yeah, Kara is not a morning person, but since she's with the Kent's that feeling changed because each morning, there's always the sweet aroma of Clark's pancakes which makes her open her eyes with a big smile...

"Hmmm... pancakes..."

Kara mumbles under her sleep at the memory of those days, she wakes up with a big smile which vanishes quickly when she's sadly reminded that those days are over. Clark is no longer here to make pancakes, there'll no more that sweet aroma which would force her to wake up each morning. And, the realisation of what is lost once again, it brings a big sadness in Kara's heart.

With the eyes open, Kara deeply exhales when she wakes up to her new reality. One part of her wants to cry, but she quickly rubs her eyes, trying to keep it together, trying to look strong for the baby she's carrying. It's easier to say than done, and, maybe that's why the first thing that Kara does when she wakes up, it's to try to make pancakes...

"I can't promise they will be as good as those of Clark, but, I'll try..."

The blonde talks to the baby inside her belly and gets ready to prepare breakfast. Yeah, Kara likes to start her days with pancakes. And, if you are wondering how Lena Luthor likes to start her mornings, the answer is simple: with a cup of freshly brewed coffee.