CH 11

What if we don't live forever? Most people don't like to think about death. But, death is inevitable. We all have limited time. It's scary, but it's the only way to really see what matters most, to not take things for granted. And, maybe that's why Kara agreed to meet with Eliza when Alex requested it. Because no one lives forever and before it's too late, she wants to see Eliza, at least one more time.

"Kara. Are you sure you wanna do this?"

Kara nods but Lena doesn't feel reassured. The blonde has been in auto-pilot since Alex came to their home the other day. It's like she had turned off, which gives Lena another reason to hate Alex.

"Darling. I know you have a big heart but you shouldn't feel forced to meet the Danvers. If you want I can talk to them and ask them to leave you alone"

Yeah, Lena would be more than happy to kick them out of their lives. She has always felt uneasy when there's family in the mix. And, while the Danvers are not linked by blood to Kara, they are considered family for the pregnant woman.

"No, Lena. It's okay. I can deal with it..."

"But, Kara. We don't do well with mothers! Or, family in general, we don't need them, we have each other, that is enough, right?!"

It's more than enough, Kara reassures her. Lena smiles but still feels compelled to avoid this meeting.

"This is causing you stress, it's not good for you or the baby. We should cancel the meeting"

"Lena..."

The brunette is convinced that letting the Danvers come to have dinner with them will end in a disaster, and she wasn't completely wrong. Especially when an unexpected guest arrives for dinner too.

"Mother..."

Lena freezes when she opens the door and finds Lillian. She was getting ready to look strong and powerful in front of the Danvers but all that armor vanishes the moment Lillian meets her eyes.

"Are you not letting me in, Lena. Where are your manners?"

Lena gulps hard, she wasn't sure if letting her mother in tonight was the best idea of them all, but, it's not like if she had a choice. Lillian makes herself feel like home and when she does it, the first thing she notices it's the pregnant woman who's settling the table.

Kara stiffs when she finally meets with Lena's mother. She has seen her in pictures, she has seen her on TV, but, in person, she's more imposing. Lex always joked about how terrifying his mother was, Kara always thought it was a joke but now that she gets the chance to meet her in person, she realizes it wasn't a joke at all.

"You are...?"

"Kara. My name is Kara"

The blonde closes the gap between them when she goes for a hug instead of a simple shake of hands. Now, it's Lena who looks terrified to death. Lillian doesn't like human touch, it's like she was allergic to it. So, she can just imagine what she will do to Kara because the pregnant woman dared to touch her without notice.

It's in that precise moment that the Danvers finally arrive and for the first time in her life, Lena is happy to see Alex again. Lillian hates nothing more than making a scene in public. Maybe that's why Lillian doesn't do anything against Kara. The blonde breaks the hug when she hears the sweet voice of the oldest Danvers.

"OMG! Kara!"

"Eliza!"

Kara looks happy but mostly shy in front of the woman who is like a mother to her. The encounter is less than ideal but it's more than what Eliza could ask for. The old woman rushes to hold Kara between her arms, tears are shared, so many emotions, something with which Lillian as well as Lena don't feel comfortable. Maybe that's why Lilian decides to leave.

What if we don't live forever?On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara