thank you // news

I
CANNOT
BELIEVE
I
DID
THIS

For those of you who don't know me, I've always been super super super opposed to writing romance and/or kissy/physical scenes. Not because I don't like them (oh you know I love me some good sex scenes to read) but because I was seriously uncomfortable writing them. I overthink things (hahahahahaha yeah I'm sure everyone already knew that) and cringe and turn red and just... can't. I mean, heck, in my GHOST PORTAL series there was supposed to be a semi-sex scene between two characters, and I totally chickened out and made it a very sloppy "fade to black" scene instead (trust me, I tried writing the sexy stuff, but this was like 7-8 years ago and I was... bad. Really bad). 

Then I discovered things about myself. I realized I was gray-ace/demi-ace, and wondered if maybe I've been this way for a long time without understanding it, and that was why I couldn't write romance; because some part of me just couldn't imagine such things, didn't want to, and cringed at the idea.

But... with some distance, with some time (and being single for 7 months) I did a lot of thinking. I also rediscovered my desires (whoops, sorry, TMI) and "woke up" (please don't ask me to explain this) and suddenly... I wanted to challenge myself to do this thing I've never dared to do—write something steamy.

So... I did. I crafted a character that is basically me, put her in situations I'd never put myself in, and... wrote. The first scene I wrote petrified me, until I got feedback from my writing group, and they said... it was good. It was really good. So that pushed me, and I wrote another scene, and another... and voila: I wrote a steamy romance!!!!!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!

Now, granted, some will say there isn't that much steaminess; that there are way worse books out there with way more "I need a bath of ice cubes" moments. BUT for me, this is intense. It was intense. And I came out of it realizing I can write hot scenes, I can write sexy, and I will, from now on (yep so that means a lot of changes in my novels, from now on, mwahahaha).

ANYWHO, if you read all that junk, thanks, and thanks for actually reading the novel, too. I'm sure you screamed at Coralie, high-fived Delilah, wanted to hug Michael, and wanted to murder Ryan—well hang on tight, because...

THEY'RE COMING BACK! THERE'S A SEQUEL!

THERE'S A SEQUEL? 

Come on, friends, did you really think I'd write ONE steamy novel and leave it there? Leave you wondering what Cora & Ryan discussed? If they end up together? If she keeps Michael? Ditches them both? Or if she meets another handsome devil that will mess up her life?! (is that foreshadowing, Steph????) 

So yes, a sequel, and now that I'm comfy writing sexy time stuff, you can expect much more in this one (oh, the chapter outlines look like FIIIIIIREEEE I'm telling you)

I'm not going to divulge much more about it, but I have made the cover & came up with the title, so here you go:

Seeing a pattern? Yes, yes you should.

Stay tuned—I'm not sure when I'll write this, but knowing me & how I get hooked on new projects, it could happen any day.

AGAIN, thank you for reading!

♥♥♥