Camping Trip

Nicole was not happy to hear that Luke wasn't going on the cruise. He tried to convince her to go on her own and still have fun, but she didn't like that idea.

After a long conversation that was filled with on and off yelling they came to the conclusion that she would in fact go on the trip. The Gilmores are off in Europe, having fun.

Luke had already had everything planned for him to be gone, so instead of a cruise he told me we were talking a trip, just the two of us.

We are leaving today. Caesar has the diner covered, the truck is packed.

"You ready to go?" he asks.

"Yes," I say, sliding off the back counter.

"Oh, wait!" I say before running off up to the apartment.

I go over to my bed and get my book and my bear. I walk back down and Luke smiles at me.

"Now I'm ready," I tell him.

"Good," he replies.

He picks up the cooler and I open the door for him. It's the last thing in the truck, so we hope in and head off.

We are going camping for a week. Luke was shocked when I was the one to suggest it. He mentioned wanting to go somewhere with me, and I've never been camping. I know Luke loves camping.

He's taking me to the same place he always goes. After some reading, singing to the radio, and inevitably falling asleep the two and a half hour car ride is over and we have pulled up to the campsite.

I stretch awake and then slide out of the truck. We get the tent and set it up before unloading everything else. Once everything is done Luke looks at me.

"Have you ever gone fishing before?"

"No."

"Do you want me to teach you?"

"Yes!" I say, bouncing on my toes.

He laughs at me.

"Okay. Come help me."

He grabs two poles and I take the tackle box. We get to the river and he finds a good place for us. It had only been about 20 minutes when Luke gets his first fish.

With in the first hour Luke had caught three and I hadn't caught any. We weren't catching them to eat them, so everytime he carefully took the fish off and let it back into the water.

Luke' POV

Finally after a couple hours she got a bite and got excited. She started reeling in the line. She needed a little help, but was able to get it. When she finally got it she jumped up and down.

"Oh my god. I caught a fish!"

"You sure did. That's a trout," I tell her.

She giggles as I get it off the hook.

"I caught a trout," she says, smiling.

I get it off and give to her to put back in the water. After that she started to get bored. I got her boots waterproof boots that stopped a few inches under her knees.

That ended up being a good thing because she is currently in the middle of the river. She's just kicks around the water a little and reaches in every now and again to pull out some rock or something.

I watch her. This is another one of those moments where she looks more like a little kid and less like the teenager she is. She kicks, causing the water to splash.

"You're scaring off the fish," I tell her.

She looks up at me and gives me a smirk. She reaches down and slashes water at me.

"Hey!" I yell, smiling.

I splash water back at her. We keep splashing each other and when she gets close enough I pull her close to me. She looks up at me.

"That was fun," she says in between giggles making me laugh again.

She reaches up and takes my hat and puts it on her now damp head. I start to pick up our stuff.

"Come on. Let's head back."

"Okay," she replies, helping me.

When we get back I change and then get started on cooking while she changes. The rest of the evening is calm. Just the two of us talking, cooking and eating.

She grabs the radio we brought and starts playing music. She dances around the campfire singing, and still wearing my hat. She tries to get me to join, but I decline, just watching her.

Finally we both head off to bed. We both curl up in our sleeping bag. She holds her bear close to her.

"Goodnight, Andy."

"Night, Dad."

AN//- This was short. Sorry. Next couple are the same. Hope you like them though.