Thinking

John POV

She was the prettiest girl I had ever seen. As soon as I saw her I felt my face turn red on the spot. I immediately looked down and played with my sleeves. That's when I heard her and Gil speaking some kind of french and then it hit me. She must've been Gil's sister. I realized Gil was introducing us and I looked up at her. We locked eyes for a moment, then I saw her give Gil a weird look. Sibling telepathy. Anyways, I realized I probably looked like an idiot. So I spoke up.

"Hey, want me to add you to our group chat?" I tried to sound casual. Shoot. I screwed up! ABORT!

"Sure!" She said. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I handed her my phone to let her type in her number. A light blush crept upon my cheeks. We all said our goodbyes to the schuyler sisters and got in the car. Since it was a small car, Y/n had to squeeze in the middle and I was right next to her. I felt my face flush because her hand was right on top of mine and we couldn't really move. When I got out I was so grateful. I could go home and watch Netflix, without father to bother me. After he had been thrown in prison for killing my sister, (yes, I know he had more that one sibling but we gon IGNORE that fact-) it's been quiet. I sat on the couch and turned on the office. I'd watched a few episodes when I heard a knock on my door.

Y/n POV

I hesitantly walked in. I didnt want to intrude. I saw Gil and Alex sitting on the couch watching something on Disney Plus. I looked closer and realized that they were watching "Miranda" a musical about Lin Manuel Miranda and the founding fathers of America.

"H-Hi I'm here uh..." I didn't know what to say. "W-what do you want me to do now? I'm sorry if I sound rude I- I'm going to get some fresh air..." I ran out the door. I needed to go somewhere. I needed somebody to talk to. Thats when it hit me. John! From what I know about him hes just like me! I ran up to his house and knocked on the door.

"Oh! Hey Y/n! What brings you here?" He said, obviously confused

"H-hey sorry to bug you..." My face turned bright red. "I um..."

"Are you okay?" He said, looking concerned.

"No, no, I'm fine it's just..." I SCREWED UP IM GONNA MAKE A FOOL OF MYSELF

"Okay, this happened to Pegs, I know what you need, and you can talk to me" He smiled. How can a human possibly be this nice?

"O-okay" I shivered. It was freezing outside.

"Are you cold?" He said, wrapping an arm around me. Gosh, I've only known this guy for a few hours and I already felt like I was safe around him... I leaned into his touch "We should go inside." He said

"O-okay..." I walked in and he gestured me to sit on the couch. I hesitantly sat down.

"Okay, what's wrong?" He said, looking into my eyes.

"I...uh....well..." I stuttered.

"Ohh... I know that face, the stutters, looks like someone has a cruuuush" he said in an annoying sing song voice.

"WHAT?! NO! I-" I sputtered.

"Okay yeah you do." He said. "And you can't hide it."

"Okay fine MABYE I do." I said, looking away.

"Eeeee!" He said like a little girl getting a new barbie doll. "Who iiiiis it?"

"None of your beeswax that's who it is." I snapped back.

"Okayyyy but I'll find out soon enough." He said.

"I should get home, its late."

"Bye Y/n."

"Bye John." And I walked back home with a massive weight lifted off my shoulders.

AHHHHHH! I'm gonna post again tomorrow!!! Please review! Byeee