Stressed

Y/n POV

So after lunch we decided to just hang out in the classroom. We didn't have to go to our classes because we weren't supposed to be here. I was listening to my music and god knows what John was doing. Whatever it was he was really interesting apparently.

Lin, theres a letter for you from South Carolina...

Time to stop...

I looked over at John and he was looking at me. I decided to say something, honestly what could happen...

Getting up happened.

When I got up I tripped over a pencil and cut myself on a pair of scissors. Wow my life is great. Needless to say I was bleeding pretty bad. John seemed to notice- how could he not- that I just made a fool of myself.

"Y/n are you okay?" John said as he rushed over.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said, taking off my sweatshirt to see.

"Uh, you're bleeding." Said John."You're not fine!"

"John, I'm fine, I promise." Shoot. I just made a promise I can't keep. Oh stop overreacting, it's just a cut! You've gone through this! Well, it's more like a giant gash... UGH I'm such a baby.

"Okay..." Said John. Then, the unexpected happened. he hugged me. Really hard. It took me a second to actually take in what was happening, but I hugged back. "Let's put this around you're arm." He said, taking my sweatshirt and tying it around my arm. He looked at me and sat down next to me as I leaned on his shoulder. The next thing I knew... well I didn't know anything I was asleep.

Well now I know something. I KNOW THAT GIL AND PEGGY LIKE SNEAKING UP ON US.

"Uh guys... it's the end of the day!" Said Pegs.

"Oh, okay!" I said. "Bye John!"

"See ya Frencie." Then I just ran up and hugged him.

"Thank you..." I whispered in his ear. There was no response, but a kiss on the head. Wait... what... No, stop... UGH stupid brain. This can't be real. Oh god it is. JOHN LAURENS JUST KISSED ME ON THE HEAD. ASDFGHJKL. My face turned red and I walked over to Gil. I was absolutely speechless so I just waved.

At the foster home timeskip because idk this story is not good.

"Okay, Gil, Alex, and Y/n, Martha and I have something to tell you." Said Mr. Washington. The three of us sat down on the couch kind of nervous. "So... We're adopting you!" All three of us were speechless.

"Okay..." said Mrs. Washington. "Let's try that again... we're adopting you! All of you!" Okay, now we could speal.

"WHAT? ARE YOU SERIOUS?" Said Alex.

"Yes!" Said Mrs. Washington, opening her arms. All of us hugged her. In all the excitement I forgot that my shoulder was bleeding. Yay. I grabbed my shoulder as soon as she let go and pulled the sweatshirt back up.

"Y/n, what's is that?" Said Gil.

"Nothing." I said.

"I don't belive you." Said Alex, making a grab for my sweatshirt. At first I wasn't sure what happened, my vision was kind of blurry, but I realized I dodged it and ran up to my room. I took off the sweatshirt and saw that blood was still flowing. I've been through this... right?

"Y/n!" Said Gil, grabbing my sweatshirt. "What happened?"

"Uh, I fell." I said. Hey, I wasn't lying!

"Okay. Sure. But how long has this been bleeding?"

"Since it started bleeding." I said.

"Wow. So exformative." Said Gil. I snickered at his pronunciation of 'informative'. "We need to wrap this up."

"Okay..." I said.

At night...

I couldn't sleep. I picked up my phone to see Alex's status. He's usually online.

☆ALEX☆ is online

I figured he was in his room, so I crept over and slowly opened the door.

"Lex?" I whispered.

"Y/n why are you awake, you need to sleep." Said Alex.

"I can't..." I said, opening the door a bit more.

"Okay, come here." Said Alex, scooting over on the edge of his bed. "What's up."

"I can't sleep." I said, pouting.

"Well... you said last time you slept well you said you had a clear mind. Wanna talk?" Said Alex.

"I... yeah..." I said.

"What's on you mind sister." He said.

"I... think... well I don't know. It's a weird feeling." I said, not wanting to say I like John directly.

"Is it love?" He said, wiggling his eyebrows.

"No... mabye... don't tell anybody." I said. Alex gasped. "Please." I said.

"Okay, but please tell me who." Said Alex. "Please!" And there they are. Stupid puppy eyes.

"Fine! Fine." I said. "John..." I muttered.

"I knew it! And I ship it." Said Alex.

"Oh shut it." I said, playfully shoving him.

"Can I tell Gil?" Said Alex.

"No."

"Please?"

"Nope."

"Ugh fine."

"I'm going back to my room. Thanks Alex." I smiled. I walked back to my room. 

😋John😋 is online.

Frenchfry2: Hey you there?
Turtleboi: Yea
Frenchfry2: Alex is the best
Turtleboi: Hey 😥 you replaced me
Frenchfry2: Never 🙃
Turtleboi: can't sleep?
Frenchfry2: well, I talked to Alex and I feel a lot better. If I had a computer I could just write.
Turtleboi: I'm going back to sleep, night
Frenchfry2: Gn

Are my chapters too short? I haven't had a lot of time, competition season is coming up and I have a LOT of dances. Byeeeeee