Seven

Jisoo sighed as she waited for Jennie to return.

Her room was dark, yet she could still see well-enough due to the moonlight.

Jennie was currently on an evening stroll with her brother.

Jisoo didn't know how to feel. There was a chance that Jennie would be denied, and sent back to her kingdom. She didn't want that to happen.

Maybe she could put in an effort to convince Kai to take Jennie in for a wife.

But what would she say? "Oh, I've just become friends with her, and because of that I need you to stay with her for the rest of your life." No, that wouldn't work.

Jisoo groaned, as she lay back on her vanity's chair. Jennie had already stayed at the castle a lot longer, compared to the others who've come before.

Was it due to the fact that Kai was interested in her? Or was it just because of Jisoo?

Her thoughts were then interrupted by a door opening.

Jisoo looked over, to see a smiling Jennie in an emerald green dress.

"How was it?" Jisoo asked, as she observed the girl.

"You never told me how charming he was." Then replied Jennie with a sigh.

Jisoo tilted her head in confusion. Kai, charming? What was Jennie talking about?

"It was actually very lovely." Continued Jennie.

Jisoo just sighed in relief. Maybe, she didn't need to do Kai too much convincing.

"That's great!" Jisoo then exclaimed.

Jennie just nodded in agreement.

Jisoo then yawned. "You should get to your room now, it's getting late."

Jennie frowned. "But I don't wanna."

"Too bad."

Jennie didn't seem to take no for an answer, and ended up dragging Jisoo onto the bed.

"What are you doing?" Asked the surprised girl, who was now laying next to the brunette.

"I wanna sleep here, your bed is more comfortable." Replied a sleepy Jennie, as she cuddled the blankets.

"Our beds are the exact same." Replied Jisoo with a frown.

"Fine then, I just wanted to sleep with you."

Jisoo then looked over, to find Jennie already staring straight at her.

It stayed quiet for a few seconds, before Jennie finally broke the silence.

"You know... If you were a boy, I'd probably want to marry you."

The whole night Jisoo tried not to think about it, yet a single phrase kept coming back into her mind.

"If you were a boy."

A feeling of anguish then washed over her for unknown reasons.