Day 1-Postpartum Depression

I don't know why. I thought I would love it, cherish it, cry for it. I don't know why I'm scared. It's a piece of Sasuke and me, I should care for it. What's wrong with me? "I don't want to touch it!" The words came out of my mouth. I don't want to be mean. But I'm scared. Why am I disgusted?

I backed away from Sasuke who was holding the baby. "She wants her mom Naruto." I shivered. I felt dizzy when I heard those words. "I-I'm n-not..I.." I'm not ready. I'm not ready. I'm not it's mom! I'm not! It can live a life without me! I! I..

I felt the warm tears go down my face. Why am I crying? Why am I crying? Why? I felt my eyelashes get wet with my tears, why am I being like this? Am I the only one? Why? Just..why?

I'm scared to look at both of them. Sasuke must be disappointed. Sasuke must hate me. Sasuke must be disgusted with me. He must be feeling what I feel to the thing. I can't touch it. I want to say something. I want to say I'm sorry. I opened my mouth but..nothing comes out.

I brought my knees to my chest and hid my face. My red, wet face. I'm a monster. Who can't love their own children? Could I have avoided this? No..Sasuke wanted a child. So I gave it to him. Wait..no, he would never use me. But right now he has all the reasons to hate me.

All I can see is black. I don't want to see it, I don't want to see Sasuke. I don't want to talk to him. Why hasn't he left? I heard a click and heard the door open, but I didn't lift my head to see who it was. Then it closed and the room was quiet. I was alone.

He's going to leave right? He's going to leave me! No. He..wouldn't. He loves me. I love him. But it's alright to be scared. It's okay to be afraid if he'll leave. It's hard to trust, but I should trust him.

Fuck! My stomach hurts. I wrapped my arms around, hopefully the pain will subside. It feels like I have a snake inside me, and it's swirling around in my stomach. And it wants to- fuck! It hurts like hell! Is this what afterbirth is like? I heard it's like this for males.

"S-Sasuke.." It just came out of my mouth. I sound so weak and sick. Wait.. my stomach doesn't hurt, anymore.. I lift my head, right..I was crying. I bring the blankets closer to me and lay down. I heard my sniffle, my nose must be red from all the crying.

I feel pathetic, I can't love my own child. I'm so tired. I can feel myself falling into the void of my dreams.

"Naruto." Sasuke!

I sit up and face him and a nurse. I'm not even worried for the baby. Sasuke is the love of my life. He wouldn't leave me for a baby. "You have Postpartum Depression."

What?

"Some parents can get this, you're a new mother, you're afraid to face it. You weren't ready." The nurse continued talking but I could hardly hear it. I could feel my eyes widen. Sasuke was just looking down, I couldn't see his eyes. Does he think this is his fault?

"Do you still want it or would"

"I want it." Lie.

"I'll take it." Lie.

Sasuke looked up to me with relief. His eyes were squinted and he was smiling.