Quick Introduction from the Author

Writing is such a curious thing. I love to create, take people by the hand across imaginative and vast landscapes, let them feel the thrill of a fight, or the laugh of a shared joy, but it certainly has its challenges. Working on a five-sentence paragraph for over an hour, trying to find the right words can be daunting. Yet, when everything falls into place, it is one of the greatest feelings in the world.

I've been writing for several years now, adding words, pages, books to my epic dragon adventure series whenever I have the time to write. I love the fantasy genre. Magic systems in all shapes and sizes; epic battles; and let's not forget about the dragons. Such wonderful(ly scary), smart(ish), kind (but not always), ferocious creatures. So, that's what I write... though you will not yet find these majestic scaly beasts in this particular story.

No, 'Revolt of Blood and Stone' is features a side story to my main book series: The Stone War Chronicles. A time before dragons return to the world of Aeterra. In this novella we follow one of the main books' side characters, Sebastian Halloar, during his time in captivity, leading up to their all-or-nothing escape attempt.
In the main series, Sebastian will support Raylan (MC) during the turbulent times of the stone War, but right now that is still far, far away. 

I'll be posting one chapter every week for the next few months until all chapters are online. However, if you can't wait, the entire novella is already available by subscribing to my mailing list, either through my website or Story Origin:

Website: https://www.ajnorfield.com/mailing-list/ 

Story Origin: https://storyoriginapp.com/giveaways/a3f412ca-f8be-11ea-9271-0bdd4b5d49ff

I hope you'll enjoy this introduction to the Stone War universe. If you do and you're looking for more epic dragon fantasy books to read, then please check out the Stone War Chronicles main series on Amazon, starting with 'Windcatcher'.
Doing so will support my journey as an author and motivate me through the dark hours of the night to plough through those difficult moments and weave the story together that Raylan, Galirras, and dozens of others, deserve.

The Stone War Chronicles features:
-  Nice, nasty, brave, worried and curious dragons in the style of Eragon and the Dragonriders of Pern (bonded to humans, intelligent creatures with their own will and quirks). 
- Epic action and desperate battles for survival.
- A strange moving star...
- Vast, unexplored landscapes, filled with untamed creatures and critters.
- A magic system weaved together with the dragons' existence.
- Different cultures, interests and goals.
- Struggles and victories.
- Heartbreak and loss.
- Oh, and did I mention dragons?

What readers have to say about it: 
"Windcatcher is the cross-generational book a reader of any age can devour, and fantasy fans will find it a satisfying read." - Readers' Favorite ★★★★★

"This book was one action packed moment after the next and that is no lie!" - Book Savvy Reviews ★★★★

"This novel is full of action and adventure and fantasy fans will eat it right up." - Peachy Keen Book Reviews ★★★★★

"I love the dragon, and this book!!" - Amazon Customer ★★★★★

That's it! For now... thank you for checking out the introduction, I hope you enjoy Sebastian's story and look forward to hear from those that wish to share their views on it.
- A.J. Norfield