CHAPTER 3

EREN POV

I was on my way home but I saw Mikasa petting a lost dog. She was smiling and looked happy. She grabbed some food out of her bookbag and offered it to the dog. She's a nice girl just really annoying I tell myself. She turned around and saw and stared.

"What?" I asked.

"What are you doing here?" Mikasa asked turning away.

"Walking to my house?" I replied.

"O-Oh cool." Mikasa sniffles. I look at her.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Y-yes..I have to go." She pets the dog and walks away.

I shrug and went home.

MIKASA POV

"Im home." I said

My dad comes out drunk with a beer in his hand and his saggy clothes.

"What the hell are you crying about you crybaby." He approaches me. I back away from his alcohol breath. "Are you afraid of your own father?" He puts his hand on my head.

"Im gonna do homework." I walk towards the stairs but stopped when he grabs my arm.

"You never answered my question. Answer honestly." His grip tightens on my wrist.

"N-no." I reply. I tried running but his grip only gets tighter and tighter.

"I said answer honestly." Then he throws his beer bottle on the ground and punches me in the face.

My nose starts to bleed and theres a bruise on my face. 'O-ow' I say in my mind. I start to cry and as I was getting up he kicks me in the stomach. "AH-" I yelp.

"Next time he honest with me, and clean the mess you made you shit." He refers to the beer bottle HE threw. I had enough of this and ran out of my house. I kept running and running and then I bumped into something.

EREN POV

'I wonder whats wrong with her. Eh whatever I don't care about her anyways.' I leave my house and decide to take a walk. I can do whatever I want since my parents were both dead. I had already done my homework at school so I was free. I stop at the sight of flowers and admire them but then I feel something bump into me. I hear crying and turn around.

"Mikasa?" I see her bloody nose and bruise. "Hey! What happened." I touch her face and she flinches.

"N-Nothing! Sorry!" She wipes her nose and tries to run off but I grab her wrist.

"Whats happened? Who did this to you?" I ask concerned.

"Why do you care." She said looking down silently sobbing.

I didn't reply and just looked at her. She tries to run away but I bring her into my arms in an embrace. Her sobs turn louder and falls to the ground I keep hugging her.

"You can tell me." I say and I stroke her hair.

"Why do you care? You always ignore me and tell me to go away." Mikasa says. I can't help but feel guilty.

"I'm sorry.." I say.

She doesn't say anything. She just keeps crying.

"How did you get a bruise on your face?" I ask while holding her.

"My..my dad. He's drunk and he got mad and he hit me. He always like this." Mikasa says as she lifts up her sleeve and shows me a bruise from another day and sobs, I feel my shirt turn wet but I didn't care.

I didn't respond. I felt so guilty she was going through so much and all I did was be so rude to her. I hug her tighter.

"Im sorry. Im sorry. Im so sorry. You were going through so much and all I did was be so rude." I say and she looks up at me.

"I forgive you.." she says and smiles. She stopped crying but we didn't let go of each other for minutes. The sun was setting and I look down at her. She was sleeping so I put her on my back and carried her my house. I hear her breathing while shes sleeping. Her head resting on my shoulder. She looks so peaceful and calm. I put her on my bed and tucked her in. I went to sleep on the couch. We didn't have school the next day so I let her sleepover.

CHAPTER 3 I HAD SO MUCH FUN WRITING THIS ONE. CHAPTER 4 LATER!!