Warning! This chapter contains homophobia, blackmail and verbal bullying. Please proceed with caution.

K.HK. POV

Hueningkai runs out of the room, stopping around the corner to catch his breath, before speed walking back to the Hufflepuff common room. The students walking calmly down the corridors looked at him with an odd expression, and the loitering huddles of gossiping teens going silent as the tall Hufflepuff  walked past, voices that persisted turning to whispers and hands pointing indiscreetly. He tried to ignore it, but the nerves of what it was this time settled slowly into his head. With a gulp, he picked up the pace, and when the entrance to the Hufflepuff common room was within reach, he heard a sharp voice yell out his name. Breathing deeply, Hueningkai reluctantly turned around to find Marie de Vere, an elven looking French Ravenclaw, with tall, sour features, light green eyes and platinum blonde hair, firmly hair sprayed into a centred low ponytail. Behind her, stood her three companions, Clara Theinburg, a short German Hufflepuff girl with oversized features and chestnut eyes glimmering with mischief, Thomas Blazehall, a Slytherin with a medium build, olive skin, shaggy untamed brown hair and dull grey eyes and Huang Daquan, a Chinese Hufflepuff boy, who looked pretty average with his greasy, slicked back black hair and deep brown eyes. Well, minus the royal blue birthmark covering his left eye and cheek.

Seeing that he had turned around, a malicious smile spread over Clara's face, as she and the others walked up to Hueningkai. "Thought of a new nickname for you!" She paused for effect, before continuing. "Mountain troll! You're as tall, stupid and as hideous to look at as one! It's a perfect fit!" All four began cackling at this, an expression of hurt worn on Hueningkai's usually cheerful face. Noticing this, Marie stops laugh and mockingly recreates the expression, before laughing once more and asking him "What, did those faggots infect you with their disease? Real men aren't meant to be weak, you dumbass! All you have to do is be friends with us and all your problems would disappear!" At this, Kai looks up, eyes now more angry than sad. "Yeah right. You assholes cause all of my problems to begin with. What kind of idiot would ever trust you again!?" At this rebuttal, Clara's eyes darken. "Then you know your life will get worse than hell if you keep being stubborn."

This statement causes the Hufflepuff to laugh, much to the four students' confusion. "Why should reputation matter if I actually enjoy my friends' company? They'll stick by my side and I'll stick by their's, so it doesn't matter what the other people think of us." Thomas butts in with a sinister smirk, eyes glinting devilishly. "What would your family think, Hueningkai? Would they be impressed if their name gets tainted because of all of the awful things they hear about you and your pansy friends from school? Or do you not care about your family, hm?" He stays silent, letting the weight of what Thomas had just said sunk in. The others walked off, Daquan loudly remarking that if Hueningkai heard the latest rumour, he'd come running back to them like a coward. This irritated the Hufflepuff greatly, letting out a frustrated sigh and walking into his common room. As soon as he walks in, he can feel the dozens of eyes on him. Looking at his housemates, almost all of them are looking at him with disgust, whispering something about him or both. Something felt off, more so than the normal rumour. Blocking out the judging stares, Hueningkai walks into his dorm, noticing his roommate reading something on his bed. Felix Lee, his roommate, had moved from Australia that year and since there was no room left in the higher year dorms, he ended up rooming with the younger, as all his roommates had transferred to other rooms due to the scroll of rumours permanently surrounding him. When Felix told his friends who his roommate was, he heard a lot of rumours. But instead of transferring like the rest, he directly confronted Hueningkai, who explained that all of them were complete rubbish. Since then, the Australian had payed no attention to the muttering, even going as far as defending his roommate several times when things were getting out of hand.

In summary, Kai was very glad to have Felix as a roommate. "Hey Lix?" He called out, sitting on his bed, staring at the freckled boy, who quickly put his book down and turned to him. "Yeah Kai? What's up?" With a sigh, Hueningkai ran his hand through his hair and asked "Seeing as everyone's staring at me like I'm some sort of zoo animal, so I'm guessing there's another rumour. Any little birdies tell you it?" Felix groans and replies "It's less like little birdies and more like a dragon roaring in my bloody ears. But yeah. Do you want to know or not?" The younger gives the Australian a look, to which he gets the hint and explains. "Everyone's saying you've got a thing for both Taehyun and Beomgyu." Upon hearing this, Hueningkai's eyes widen in horror and he flops face first into his pillow with a groan. Then, he lets it sink in. For some reason, this rumour doesn't seem as bad as Daquan made it out to sound. It wasn't anything awful in the slightest. Hell, he wouldn't mind if people thought this one was true-

Wait what?! He took a second to process that thought. Then it strikes him. 'Do I actually have a crush on them? I wouldn't mind dating either of them, since I care about them equally...OH MERLIN THIS MIGHT BE BAD-'

"Huening, you do realise you said that out loud right?" Felix's deep voice brought him out of his thoughts, which were apparently now also words. He groaned once again, trying to bury his head further into the pillow, unsuccessfully. His roommate laughed. "As funny as it is to watch you have an existential gay crisis, pretty sure you have a class. So if you don't want to have rumours about you shagging them in a broom closet because you show up late looking like a mess, I'd advise promptly buggering off." This snaps Hueningkai out of his thoughts again, and he grabs his bag, ruffles his hair so he look like he hasn't been asleep, and tightens his tie once more. "Thanks for telling me Lix, see you later!"

With that, the Hufflepuff runs through the corridors to Muggle Studies, which he was happy to remember that he had done the homework in the first place.

————⚡️————

Chapter five done! Also, we met someone in this chapter who seems familiar for some reason.
I wonder why. Hmm...

Anyway, that's all.
Love you all my little moons, and I'll see you in the next chapter!
Star