VIII

The boys slept soundly that night, stomachs full of hearty food, and legs exhausted by the rocky paths and long walks to and from the castle. Morning felt like it came before they could say Nox. Taehyun, Beomgyu, Hueningkai and Soobin were sat around their table, nibbling on warm buttery crumpets, with a glass of fresh orange juice to their sides. "So...anyone have any idea where Yeonjun is?" Beomgyu asked, and got the answer of three shrugs, mouths all too full to answer.
A couple of seconds later, Soobin seemed to realise something, and looked at the Slytherin with confused eyes. "You're in the same house? If anyone would of seen him, it would probably of been you. Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff are on the other side of the school." Beomgyu seemed to want to comment but then realised that the Hufflepuff had a valid point. He groaned, stretching his arms and rolling his neck, a slight click escaping.
"He might of woken up super early and gone to that side of the school...I didn't see him in the common room so I guessed he left early to meet up with you guys." He explained, the older nodding in understanding, as Taehyun and Hueningkai intently listened while finishing off their food. "So, in summary, we have a wild Slytherin prefect missing on campus?" Taehyun summarised, fixing his tie slightly.
"Yeah, basically-" Beomgyu and Soobin said in sync, before turning to each other with a look of horror on their faces. This didn't last long, as they burst out into laughter, causing Hueningkai to unfortunately almost choke on his drink.
It was then that the boys heard a pair of footsteps heading in their direction, amongst the loud chatter of the other students. Looking up, they found the previously mentioned wild Slytherin. To say that Yeonjun looked like he'd just woken up was a bit of an understatement. His dark hair was fluffy, and pointing in all directions, and his clothes were crumpled, the top button of his untucked shirt still open, the tie loosely hung around his neck like a green striped tape measure. The prefect badge was somehow upside down on the side of his woollen vest. The boy always wore his prefect badge, even at the weekends when it wasn't needed. He approached the table out of breath, rubbing the sleep out of his chocolate-coloured eyes.
"Sorry for being so late guys. I was working on that potions project last night, and lost track of the time. And my alarm decided to take a nap, so that's really why I'm late."The eldest explained, fixing his shirt and tie before sitting down on the bench beside Hueningkai , who struggled to suppress a laugh at the Slytherin who still looked like he had a bush on his head. The oldest realised that his badge was the wrong way around and fixed it with a yawn.
The reality was that Yeonjun had been up late trying to figure out a foolproof method of getting into the potions cupboard, and out of the scroll full of plans, only one could even possibly make sense. The youngest sighed, massaging his temples.
"Just how useless are your teammates?" he asked, patting the Slytherin's head and discreetly trying to tame Yeonjun's hair. "Uh, yeah, very. I wish I was working with you guys instead..." He sighed, resting his chin on the table for a second, before reaching over and stocking his plate with toast with lime marmalade, and a croissant. The group had an uncommon silence whilst Yeonjun finished his breakfast, which was probably more like brunch at that point.
"Sooo...you guys have any work to do today?" Taehyun pondered, swirling the glass of water around in his hand. Hueningkai thought for a. moment, before a broad grin spread across his face. "Nope! I finished all my assignments last night, so I'm free today!" Soobin was the next to answer that question. "Uhhh, I don't think I do? I might have a mid-unit test for Muggle Studies this week, but I think I'm all prepared for it. So I guess so?" Taehyun clapped his hands together happily before turning to the pair of Slytherins sat opposite each other. "What about you two, snake boys?" The two blinked, looking at eachother and then back at Taehyun. "Pretty sure I don't have anything. My teachers have been way too nice on the assignments lately, I'm a little scared I'm going to get twenty scrolls from every subject at the same time." Soobin snorted, understanding that feeling all too well, as it had happened to him last year. They all turned back to Yeonjun who gave his friends an apologetic smile.
"I wish I could, but I have to get the project done and turn it in. My teammates have already handed in their parts..." He met the slightly disappointed wizards with a sad look, before adding on to his previous statement. "I'll be as quick as I can, okay?"
Taehyun turned to the rest of the group, who now looked like they had a little more hope in their eyes. "Library?" The others nodded, and Yeonjun gave a thumbs up to this, so he knew where to meet the rest of the group later.
The four boys climbed off of the benches and walked out the great doors of the hall, and slowly made their way up to the library, after a brief encounter with the stairs, which included Hueningkai almost falling to his death, and Beomgyu yelling at the stairs to make them go the right way (and failed to do so). Eventually, they reached the library, and surprisingly, it wasn't all that busy. Most of the students were probably either in their common room or Hogsmeade, but there were a few groups scattered around, mostly composed of Ravenclaws and Slytherins. The students found a table and sat down, marking out where the supervising prefect was. The previous year, they wouldn't of been able to do this as Madam Pince was still serving her duty as the librarian. However, she'd been offered a job at an ancient magical library during the late summer holidays, and that library contained all kinds of rare,valuable books, and despite her extremely protective nature over Hogwarts' collection, she left them all behind. Unfortunately, this short notice leave meant that McGonagall hadn't had the time to find a replacement and therefore assigned library duty to the prefects. So, the library wasn't as strictly study only anymore, but it was still meant to be a little quiet for those who were still studying or doing assignments.

Once they were settled down, books to 'read' in front of them, just in case of the prefect moving around on patrol, Soobin piped up with a question he was surprised he hadn't asked in any of the time he'd known his friends. "Hey, Taehyun?" The cherry haired boy turned around, tilting his head and pushing up his glasses, which had slipped down his nose slightly with the movement. "I've always wondered, how do your parents not know about how you dress...?" Taehyun smirked, flipping the page of the book, which he was actually reading.
"Well...I fold them inside of my masculine clothes. And if they ever find something that's feminine in my room, they give it to my sister, because they think the house elves made a mistake. My sister always gives them back, seeing as she doesn't mind it at all." Soobin seemed oddly impressed by this, and Hueningkai, who had been keenly listening was the same. "Your sister is nice then. You got lucky." The youngest remarked. The Ravenclaw quietly laughed, giving the Hufflepuff a brief nod before going back to his book, and the group dissolved into comfortable silence once again. It was another couple of minutes before someone spoke up once again.
"Let's make this juicy, shall we?" Beomgyu smirked, prompting a concerned look from Soobin. "Anyone got a crush on someone yet this year?" The boys looked a little shocked at this sudden question, but Taehyun could only sigh and rest his head in his hands. "Not as of the minute. Doubt I will, frankly, seeing as most of the single guys are either too young, assholes, or too young and assholes." Beomgyu could understand that, and assumed he wasn't included in any of those categories. "Fair enough. I guess I do, but it's a little bit complicated, and I think saying anything else would be a give away. And I don't want you guys teasing me,so..." It was at this point that Hueningkai answered the question too. "Honestly, I have no idea. It could be a crush, but at the same time, it might not be. It's hard to explain." Taehyun nodded in understanding. "If it is, tell us who she is! I'd love to be one of your wingmen." The Hufflepuff could only sigh. "Soobin, what about you?" Beomgyu asked the older, who had frozen as soon as it was initially asked, and only unfroze at being spoke to directly.
"Nope, definitely not. My only love is my work." He explained, only to look back up at the younger wizards to see they were all smirking. "What? Did I say something weird or-" He began, but was cut off by Kai. "You like Yeonjun, don't you?" At this, Soobin appeared to choke on air. "W-wha-" He stuttered, only to be interrupted once again. "Come on, admit it, you like Yeonjun." The Hufflepuff tried to find his words and did eventually. "I don't! We're just really good friends, and he means a lot to me." The boys didn't give up with their scrutinising glares, until the older finally bent under the pressure.
"Okay, okay, maybe I have a teeny tiny crush on Yeonjun." He finally admitted, staring down at the table in shame of being defeated. The two fifth years gave eachother a little high-five, before Taehyun commented on that statement. "Teeny tiny? Bin, you give him heart eyes all the time, you're lucky he's so blind. The amount of times you zone out just admiring his side profile is a tad worrying to be honest mate." Soobin could only groan in defeat, making the mischievous trio laugh at their success. "Speaking of the elder, I wonder if he's blown up his dorm yet. He looked stressed, and that usually makes him screw something up."

Almost on cue, there was a loud bang, from the library doors being slammed open, followed by frantic footsteps. "EVERYONE BACK TO YOUR DORMS, THERE'S DOXIES LOSE IN THE CASTLE!" A familiar voice screamed, causing everyone to jump to their feet and sprint out of the room. The boys waited a minute for the intial herd to clear, before they too ran. That voice belonged to the one and only Choi Yeonjun, who looked like he'd ran a marathon. "Come on, let's go!" He shouted, beckoning the boys to follow him, as they sped down the corridors.

————⚡️————

Guess who lives! Yes, hi, it's me and I finally actually updated this book.
Sorry for the delay, I've been flooded with work lately because of online school, and I haven't had the motivation to write lately.
How's everyone been? It's been a bit stressful, but I'm doing good. Yesterday was Cravity and Oneus' comebacks, and my goodness, they're SO good! I highly recommend you check both No Diggity (Oneus) and My Turn (Cravity)out, they're so so good, and they both deserve to get wins for such amazing songs.
Only downside, after watching the No Diggity MV on repeat, I ended up with a new story idea. Oh well. It's on the back burner, like about five other ideas.
That aside, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and that it was worth the wait! I'll see you in the next chapter, my little moons, and stay safe, I love all of you!
Star