IV

As they took off for the case they decided to take Castiel with them as well. They thought he was in need of a distraction just as much as they were.
The car ride to the forest took them more than 12 hours, that's why they decided to stay in a motel after they already drove 8 hours and travel the rest the next day.
"Sorry, we don't have 5 single rooms left.", the lady at the reception of the motel said. She had bright, red hair and blue, huge glasses. "Just two double rooms. So one of you has to sleep on the floor or you have to look for another place to stay at."
As Dean was already about to turn around and look for somewhere else, Sam stopped him.
"We won't find another place.", he said, "It's the middle of the night and we don't exactly have money for a 4-star-hotel."
They had a few credit cards though but since they lost the one Charlie hacked for them they had to live life on a budget until they could find more credit cards.
"It's okay. I don't sleep anyways.", Castiel called in. "I will just sit there and watch you."
Dean looked at him. "That's creepy.", he said but turned around to the reception again.
"We take the rooms."

The Winchester's shared a room with Castiel who actually watched them while they slept which caused Dean to wake up several times.
„Can't you... stare at the wall or something? But not at ... me?", he complained at 4 am, after waking up for the third time.
„Suddenly it's bothering you?", Castiel asked, seeming to be quite shocked.
Dean sat up in bed.
Suddenly? You did that before?"
He didn't even need an answer, he already knew it.

In the meantime Cassandra and Brandon were wide awake as well, they both couldn't really sleep so they decided to play around with an old Ouija board they found in the wardrobe of the motel. They had no idea why it was there but what they knew for sure was that these things never actually worked well - as long as the place wasn't actually possessed which couldn't be the case here since their EMF didn't really deflect - so they just used it as a tool to pass time.
„Do you think we will ever get to Chuck?", Brandon asked as they both sat on the floor.
For a short moment Cassandra wasn't sure if he asked the board or her so she didn't say a thing but after she noticed how Brandon kept staring into her eyes, waiting for an answer, she shook her head.
"No.", she returned his look, "The only shot we have is to talk to him. But he isn't exactly the type of person to have a constructive conversation with."
Brandon leaned back a bit, resting his weight on his hands.
"So we have a problem.", he noted and Cassandra nodded.
"Yes.", she confirmed, "Or we find a way to kill him or at least trap him somehow."
Brandon wrinkled his brows. For a short moment he actually thought about it but it didn't take him long to realize that this was impossible.
„Cas, that won't work."
He took a deep breath.
„Oh and just for you, Castiel, I'm not calling for you, I talked to Cassandra. No need to come over."
He grinned. Better safe than sorry.
"... yet.", Cassandra added which caused Brandon to look at her in confusion.
„We just don't have a plan yet.", she explained, „We will find something. We work together with the Winchester's who happen to be the best hunters around. They beat Chuck once, they will make it a second time."
Brandon thought it was really beautiful when Cassandra was so optimistic. Her eyes lit up and she had the biggest smile on her face. She was always the one being hopeful, often holding optimism for both of them.
"Good that at least one of us is confident.", Brandon stated and leaned forward again.
"Because, I can be, Brandon. I trust Sam and Dean."
Cassandra smiled. She always smiled when she mentioned the Winchesters. They might have only been working together since a couple of months but they already became like brothers to her. As a wise man once said 'Family don't end with blood'. And she chose the Winchesters and Brandon. They were her home, her safe place which she so desperately needed, especially after her mom died.
"And so do I.", Brandon stated, „But the last time they got Chuck in control was because they gave him a family. We can't really offer that to him this time."
Cassandra stood up and shut the lights out. The Ouija board wasn't used anymore anyways and she was tired.
"We should try to sleep.", she suggested, "Maybe we will find a plan if we try to not try, you know?"
"That didn't really make sense.", Brandon chuckled and tried to find the way through the dark to the bed. He could barely see anything because the only light shining in the room now was the light of the city's buildings - houses, bars, restaurants... some kiosks that were still open.
As he finally found it he laid down in the soft sheets.
„Hey, that's my side of the bed!", Cassandra complained, giggling, and jumped onto it, now laying on top of Brandon.
„Is that so?", Brandon asked, grinning.
Cassandra rolled over to the free side and laughed.
„Yes, I want the wall side!"
„Well, you're not getting it."
Brandon now laughed, too.
„We both know I am.", Cassandra stated, „I just have to turn the lights back on and give you my best puppy eyes."
Brandon turned around in bed, now looking at Cassandra - or at least what he could see of her face through the darkness and city lights.
„That's true but we both know you're too lazy to stand up and turn it back on.", he grinned and took his pillow to punch Cassandra with it.
„Okay, you're right!", she laughingly gave up, „You can have the wall side!"