XVII

As Cassandra entered the bunker it seemed empty since noone was in the main room but she knew someone was home. She felt it.
„Dean?", she asked and waited patiently for him to show up. It took less than a second.
Dean widened his eyes. He couldn't believe who just casually walked into the bunker.
„Cassandra?", he asked, surprised. His eyes filled with tears.
He walled towards her and wrapped her in a big hug.
„Oh my gosh, it's really you!", he exclaimed and Cassandra hugged him back, smiling at him. She felt guilty for betraying him like that, for betraying all of them. But at the same time she knew she was doing the right thing. Her heart led her that way and she always listened to her heart.
Just now she noticed Sam and Brandon also standing in the main room of the bunker, both also had tears in their eyes. But they looked more critical than Dean.
„What?", Cassandra asked, „Am I not getting a hug?"
She was joking but Sam just said:
„Where is he?"
In that moment Cassandra realized they were not trusting her. They thought she brought Chuck with her. Dean was the only one who apparently didn't think of that possibility but now as he heard Sam asking that question he stepped back.
„Did you bring him?", he asked now as well, looking slightly scared.
„I didn't.", Cassandra just replied. It was true. She didn't bring him.
„Then where is he?", Brandon asked, „Did you... hurt him? Trap him somewhere?"
Cassandra shook her head and walked down the stairs.
„Neither of that. He is ... home."
Dean took a deep breath.
Home?", he asked, all shocked and confused at the same time, „What? You guys moving in together now? You're full into that game, huh?"
He sounded so angry, so hurt.
„Well, technically we don't have a home. He's in a hotel. We are on a ... trip.", Cassandra continued to explain. She wanted to go further, wanted to tell the boys that she actually fell for Chuck, that the plan maybe went in a slightly different direction than it was originally planned. That she was okay with it. That she wanted it that way. But she just couldn't. She couldn't say the words, couldn't tell them how she really felt. She knew it would break their hearts.
„A trip?", Dean asked, still so angry, „You go on vacation with him while you had the chance to trap him? To get him here?"
He shook his head, looking like he couldn't believe what was going on.
„Maybe that's not what I want anymore.", it finally slipped out of Cassandra's mouth. There it was. She said it.
„Okay, okay...", Sam said softly, „Maybe we all just calm down for a second and just celebrate that you're back?"
Dean shook his head again, now facing Sam.
„Sammy, did you hear her? She doesn't want to trap him anymore. She doesn't want to fight."
Sam whispered something in Dean's ear, thinking Cassandra couldn't hear it but she could.
„Dean, maybe he has her under control. Maybe he is hurting her. We don't know that."
„Nope, that's not how it is.", Cassandra said. „I chose to be with him. But don't worry, I won't stay for long. I just want to get my stuff and then I will go."
She turned around: „And Dean.", she faced him now, „Thank you for appreciating that I am in this situation because I wanted to save your ass and the ass of the whole damn world. But apparently it's easier for you to pretend I chose to go on a honeymoon with Chuck."
Sam took her hand.
„Then don't go again. Stay here. We will protect you."
Cassandra looked at him, tears filled her eyes.
„I can't.", she explained, „During this trip... I fell for Chuck."
And now the entire tea was spilled.
Sam took a few steps back now, too. Brandon left the room entirely.
„I won't listen to that any longer.", Brandon said and walked away.
„I'm sorry.", Cassandra said and went to get her things.