IV.

In the room stood a tall black-skinned man with an eyepatch over his right eye. "Goddamn Fury, we thought some mission is before us. Not you." Tony whined annoyed. "Stop you whining, Stark. I was informed you have some guests from a different dimension." another man replied. "We do, Robin and Impulse," Captain mentioned to the two teenagers who were confused about what was happening but due to their training, it wasn't shown.

Fury walked up to two young heroes. Robin immediately noticed similarities between this man and his mentor. "Dude, he's like Bat!" Impulse said in a joke. Robin looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "Did you just read my mind?" he asked causing Impulse to laugh. "Who is Bats?" the question sounded more like an order. "Batman. My mentor." Robin replied changing his behaviour into, how Impulse calls it, Bat mood.

"You'll come with me now. S.H.I.E.L.D. can help you get back home. But for the time you'll stay at Hellicarrier with my team. They're also teenagers." Fury said. Robin didn't feel like listening to this man, he learned to not trust anyone and he was not about to break it. "And who you are to order us what to do?" everything went quiet. "Oh, dude." was only a silent surprised comment from Clint. Fury frowned Robin imagined Nightwing in his place because both of them had similar bad bat glares. "I am not going with someone I just met." "Bat rule 16!" Impulse pointed out with finger up. "Bat rule 24, Impulse." Robin sighed facepalming. "Ohhhh! I always mix them!" Impulse replied. "What are Bat Rules 16 and 24?" Captain asked.

"Bat rule 16 is: if you follow Joker never leave your equipment unsecured. And Bat rule 24 is: don't ever follow orders from anyone who appears out of nowhere. Bat rule 24 is in function since the Red Arrow incident. Batman has a number of rules like this and all of them can save your life. Believe me, second Robin paid with his life for breaking Bat rule 4." Robin explained dead serious. "Second Robin?" Black Widow asked. "Yeah, Rob is third Robin. The first one is the leader of our Team now and calls himself Nightwing and the second is Robin-" before he could finish Robin cut him off. "Was murdered. He went after Joker on his own. He was beaten up with a crowbar and blew up, he broke Bat rule 4. First Robin broke Bat rule 12 and his best friend died and Bat rule 45 and his other friend was paralyzed." "And which rule did you break." Fury teased.

Robin's shoulders tensed, Impulse knew what happened and tried to avoid him from breaking apart. "It's not important now," he said laying a hand on Robin's shoulder. But Fury didn't want to give up and pressed more. "Well?" Robin was really close to losing it, his eyes widen behind his mask and he started to shake and clench his fists. Now even Avengers tried to avoid bigger disasters to happen.

"No, I want to hear his answer." Fury stood his ground. Robin was now visibly shaking like he stood naked in an arctic snowstorm. Impulse knew he can't get him from this state and that this leads to a breaking point. He knew he has to do something fast. Finally, he came up with a plan on how to end this. He started to vibrate with his hand and stabbed it into Fury's chest. Everyone gasped in shock and Fury in slight pain that corrupted his heart when it was gripped in the speedster's fist. "If I stop my hand, you'll die. I'm not afraid to do it to save Rob," he warned firmly.

A few seconds of silence tensed the air before Impulse pulled his hand out of Fury's chest. "I thought so." speedster hissed and turned to Robin to see him on his knees with Captain's arms wrapped around him. "Rob!" he gasped and in nano sec he was on Robin's other side. Natasha and Clint went to Fury's side.

The Captain let go of Robin feeling Impulse can bring him more warm feeling than he does. Impulse didn't waste a second and wrapped his arms around Robin pressing his face into his chest soon feeling it getting wet. He looked up to Captain silently asking him to help him with his friend to their room. Captain got the message and helped Robin out of the room.