VI.

In the morning everyone sat in the kitchen talking and drinking their coffee or tea. When Impulse walked in everything went quiet. "Morning." he greeted with a wide smile like nothing happened last night. He got back some greets back while he took his seat by the table and started to read a magazine he found in another room. "Is Robin still asleep?" Natasha asked. Impulse rose in his eyes. "No, I thought he's here," he replied confidently. "Today, you'll meet Fury's team. We believe it'll go easier than yesterday." Clint said. "Hope so. Rob had a tough night after that. I hate when this comes, usually his brother is around to help him but now..." Impulse said laying the magazine aside.

"Nightwing is not here. That's why we have to find a way back on our own before the Light finds us," said Robin walking into the room fully dressed in his costume, minus the cape, and with his hologlove on. He didn't care everyone was staring at him, he paid attention only to his holo screen. "If my counting is correct like it is, we'll have to build at least a similar machine that got us here. But since I don't have its blueprints it'll be a bet in the lottery. So, I say we try to contact the Watchtower or Batcave. But my hologlove doesn't have such a strong signal. I'll need some strong, really strong, computers that could reach our dimension. Besides, Ra's started to call me as he used to call Batman so he wants us to find a way back which means that the machine has only one way. And that is way in. No way out exists. And the cherry on top I've noticed someone new. When the Light surprised us someone new was there. Someone I don't know and when I say I fought every villain of our closest radius, it means something. Not even my computer recognizes them." he projected the picture and zoomed on the unknown villain.

"So first, that was totally awesome Robin. And second, that is one of Spider-Man's and his team's main villains. Don't know his name but they'll know." Tony said. "Did you just appraise someone? Please tell me I am not dreaming." Sam pointed out surprised. "Tony is right, that was brilliant thought. But the truth is only Hellicarrier has the right equipment for your return." Dr Banner agreed. Robin frowned. "So, in order to return home, we have to go to that Hellicarrier and temporarily join the team you're talking about," Robin said thoughtfully tapping his chin.

"Yes, the team will come to lift you up today after lunch and you'll move to Hellicarrier. It's a huge flying ship, so you better don't mind heights." Clint said. "The Watchtower is in space. There will be no problem with heights." Impulse replied with a wave of his hand, Robin nodded in agreement. "Impulse, how is your shoulder?" Dr Banner asked. Impulse smiled widely. "Great! I think the stitches can be removed. Superfast healing is a handy thing." the addressed boy replied. "Will you come with me so I can remove them?" Banner asked and Impulse only nodded.

Robin sighed and shut off his holo glove. "Do you have a coffee?" he asked. Captain nodded and stood up from his seat. "I'll show you where it is." Robin murmured silent 'thanks' following Captain into the kitchen.

"Impulse didn't tell you anything yesterday, right?" Robin asked while Steve handed him a mug. "No, he only told me you have PTSD and his past," Steve answered truthfully. Robin nodded. "It was the hardest time of my life. It all happened so quickly," he whispered clenching the mug tightly before laying it on courter. "You don't have to talk about it, Robin," Steve said and laid a hand on the boy's shoulder and felt him shaking slightly. "Don't laugh, but since then... I have a phobia of clowns and get panic attacks when I'm connected to wires or when someone goes at me with a needle. I think you can at least partly imagine what happened. Plus the aftermaths... I don't trust white coats... I think I made doctor Cho uncomfortable yesterday." Robin said. "I'm sure she doesn't mind or at least is not judging you," Steve replied.

"Hey, Rob! Look! Like new!" Impulse cheered showing Robin his healed shoulder. Robin smiled and hugged him without caring about Steve watching them. Robin buried his face into Impulse's shoulder and surprised Impulse patted his back. "Uhm... Did something happen?" he asked a bit worried. Robin's head shot up before he grabbed Impulse by his shoulders. "I've discovered coffee!" he said avoiding the previous conversation.

"Oh, man! But max three cups, you slept all night." speedster replied, Robin, rolled his eyes. "One bird wants one mug of coffee and they won't let him." he joked. Steve was surprised by how quickly Robin's behaviour changed but decided to better let it be. He prepared some more coffee in the pot so if anyone wanted they could just pour it into their mug. Robin gulped one mug like nothing before pouring a second which he drank slowly.

----

"Robin child won't join us at lunch?" Thor asked when he couldn't see Robin in the dining room. "He won't, he works on who knows what." Impulse replied. "Tony let him in his lab and he tries to contact their homeworld," Rhodey replied. "Did the Robin child eat, fast child?" Thor asked. Impulse nodded. "He doesn't eat much, not like me 'cause I would die without food. My super-fast metabolism needs a lot of food. Heh, you should see other speedsters."