S1

S1 POV)

Stupid Pansy Parkinson

Stupid prejudice

Stupid Gryffindors,

There is no reason for me to go and hide, this is MY school too, it doesn't belong to the Gryffindors or the ravenclaws or hufflepuffs, but to ALL four houses. I should be allowed to stay and fight. Just because the majority of the death eaters are slytherins doesn't mean they all are, and the death eaters shouldnt define us. They won't define us, And I am not just going to hide in a closet while other people fight and die.

No way.

I won't. I can't.

We are approaching an end of the hallway, it forks out. I know this part of the castle. It's shaped like a T, and one way (right) goes straight out, while the other is like an almost immediate reverse U. If I am fast enough I just might slip by. I'll hurry up closer the the big group of students.

...and ...3 ....2...1, Switch.

I turn swiftly into the dark shadows of the next hallway. I slowly tiptoe deeper into the shadows in case someone saw something. I listen closely as the rest of the houses slowly shuffle by. Great, first step down. I look down at what I am wearing, sighing, I take off my cloak, and get rid of my tie.I love my colors, and I wear them with pride, but if anyone noticed the brilliant full green and shining silver, it would give me away in seconds. I hear a boom, the fight has started.

I ruffle and mess with my shirt a bit to make it look like it was a choice not to wear my tie, and I style it a bit like a Ravenclaw, no one pays attention to ravenclaws (yet another problem in Hogwarts) but regardless, it will keep me from being recognized. I pocket my wand, and start speed walking, before I realise that absolutely no ravenclaws have good posture. Oh god. I am thinking just like them (them being the people who stereotype), that's not what I meant. In Slytherin it's a whole thing to have good posture. Don't get me wrong, we have the worst posture when sitting or reading or walking with friends, but when we are putting on a performance, like talking to a teacher, or interning, we make a point to have the best posture we can. I hold myself a bit more like the ravenclaws do, with purpose, because we are after all, in the middle of a battle, but with a sort of... i don't know, ravenclaw vibe? It's hard to describe, I think it comes more from the mindset.

But, I realize while speed walking down the halfway closer to the noise, I guess everyone would actually (probably) be too busy to notice.'

Suddenly there is another huge boom, I jump a bit before picking up the pace, almost running down the hall, i throw myself into the room, so fast, I don't realise-

"Shite." I whisper under my breath. I dont have my wand out. I quickly turn to the other wall. I pull out my wand and quickly turn the corner, there are two other people in the room, one of them is most definitely a 5th year or younger, and the other is a 6th? Year hufflepuff. They are way too young to be doing this. I look down the hallway, it seems like two death eaters? One looks strange...

Oh

Oh no

Oh fuck, no.

i heard about him: Fenris Greyback.

'Shit' I say to myself. I turn to the other two and say "You guys go that way", pointing at the very safe passage that I just came from. I figure they might catch on that i was trying to send them somewhere else, somewhere safe, and I have a feeling that just like me, they were here to fight, and they wouldn't run away, so I add "there is a fight down that hallway, they need medical supplies,The two of you can grab more supplies and help more people than i can, I've got this."

I really hope they listen, I don't think they have seen the approaching shadows yet, and I know that if they do, they will never go away. But, I know they believe me when they nod and start speed walking down the hallway. And honestly, it's not exactly a lie, I am sure that people are already getting hurt and are in need of help, and having a head start on helping injured people is going to come in handy.

Maybe I am being selfish, sending them away like I just was, and maybe I was biting off more than I could chew, facing a werewolf and a death eater all by myself, but when the relief floods me as they leave the room, and I turn to the on coming figures, I know that I made the right choice. While I might get hurt, or even die, at least they get another shot to live their lives. God, I sound like a gryffindor. So rash, and self sacrificing, but, then again, I think, Not only gryffindors can be brave, and it is a calculated risk, I doubt even all of us together could take them both down, especially not a werewolf. It's not a full moon, but it is fenris, and he is rumored to be ruthless, not only biting adults, but biting children, and even killing people, biting and clawing them to death. He is a monster. And not because he is a werewolf.

"Well well well, what do we have here," a foul, sickening voice, that I could only assume belonged to fenris, says. Sure enough, Fenris Greyback and some black cloaked, masked, death eater turn the hallway. His voice was dripping with saliva, it was almost, if not, slimy. Without saying even a word I cast the first spell, this was both a strategic start, and an escape, I dont think I could have spoken if I tried. I was just so filled with fury and hate. But regardless of how much I hate Fenris, I struck my other opponent first, throwing him off balance, it missed, but just barely, and the death eater was still disoriented. So, I almost immediately shot my second.

This time, It was aimed at Fenris, this is where I made my mistake. It hit him square in the chest, which only annoyed him. Had I done it differently, I probably could have finished off the first one and just maybe, could have stood a chance against Fenris. After all he didn't seem eager to fight immediately, although I could see in his eyes the bloodthirsty hunger for violence, he seemed intrigued. Maybe he heard me send away the students, maybe he saw something interesting in me, maybe I was the first person he actually fought today, maybe he wanted to see how i fought. I'll never know.

Anyways, I could have made the logical, sensible, smart, choice, after all, I started with the upper hand.

But nooo.

I had to make the senseless, rash decision, overconfident in my skills. It goes without mentioning at this point, that I did not win the fight, and it all went horribly down hill.

After hitting him in the chest with the spell, he lunges at me. I dodge narrowly missed him, and he almost slams into the wall. He was a bit away, but he was pretty effing close, and behind me. One more and he'd probably get me. I quickly finished off the other guy, (hitting him with another stunning spell, I didn't kill him, relax) but not before he got a jinx in. It was just jelly legs, nothing too serious, (I guess the stunning spell that missed still had some effects) but now I could barely stand, walking around would be a nightmare.

In other words, I couldn't run.

In other words, I am a sitting duck.

I guess Fenris knew this, because I think he was starting to play with me. He lunges past me again, this time lower, and with his sharp claws out, seriously injuring my already useless legs. I fall down. I am laying down on the ground, blood pooling out from my leg. He walks around me, we both know I am defenseless. I am going to die. At least I'll die fighting for my home, delaying Fenris, and taking out a death eater. Maybe someone will recognize me, see that even a 'snake' can fight, can defend both their home and the world's only hope. Maybe someone will see that we're not all that bad.

Unlikely, a little voice in my head calls out, they will always judge slytherins, if anything the battle will re-inforce it...

Whatever, I answer, at least I helped. I look up and around, and see that fenris is circling closer, this is it, I think, starting to loose consciousness from the blood loss, bye..i guess.

Suddenly there is a white flash, fenris howls and scampers out of there. Someone picks me up, I can just barely open my eyes, it's... an angel? She looks flawless, the room still bright around her. 'Idiot' She murmurs under her breath. I would wonder what she means, but I am too tired, to hurt, I close my eyes and pass out in the warm hands of an angel.