S2

S2 POV)

Fuck.

She's losing too much blood. I only have this roll of bandages. Oh sorry, let me backup.

Someone in the room over or hallway or something set off a really big spell and it shook the... well- everything. Before we got here all of the beds were gone except this one, and a lot of bottles and windows and stuff were broken, everything is a mess. I am guessing they had to relocate the medical station when some death eaters came up here, and the rest is unknown, the death eaters could have ransacked the room, but then why would they leave a perfectly good bed? And they didn't booby trap it, it's good, (trust me) not flawless, but we're-in-the-middle-of-a-battle good. Maybe some people stayed behind to get rid of them so they didnt follow, but then where would the bodies be? Regardless, It's a mess. Anyways in the last shake, some of the glass in the windows above S1 that I didn't see, fell on her head. She's ok, but she is still bleeding and has lost way too much blood for today. She mumbles something and shifts. Annnd she's pretty. Like really pretty. I am like- 99% sure that it's illegal to be that pretty. The moonlight through the windows shines on her skin making it seem as if she is glowing.

NOPE

NONONONO

You cannot have a gay attack (A panic attack but gay) right now. You can bend to the will of Sappho at literally any other time this week, hell, maybe even anytime after sunrise tomorrow (or is it already tomorrow?). But nononono we are not doing this right now, while S1 could be dying. But god does she look pretty. But like, can you believe that she's so cute too, like personality-wise she's so stubborn and adorable. And when she pouts...

Ok.

Back to loosing-too-much-blood

Honestly? I don't know what to do. I am bandaging it, keeping as much blood as I can in, but I have no idea how to treat it. I am going to need professional, actual, medical advice to fix this...

That's it! I hop to my feet.

I need a medical book! There's got to be one in here somewhere. I get up and start looking. I try to open the door to madam pomfrey's office. I start scanning the debris for anything that could help. As I scan, my mind drifts to the last time I was here. It was 4th year, after one of the quidditch games. (A/N I know that 4th year there weren't any quidditch games but.. Idk... there are now) I remember what happened. We were winning, and I got on a high and started showing off. I chuckle remembering Captain's face when I got knocked off my broom. He was livid. Both at me and the bludger that hit me. I remember why I started showing off. S2 was in the crowd. She almost never came to these things, she was usually planning/setting up pranks while the game was going on. 'A perfect opportunity' she says whenever anyone asks. So I saw her and started showing off. A childish move, a childish motive, but it made my high even higher. I had had a crush on her for... i don't know.. a year? Two? Maybe longer. We were in different dorm rooms. (yes there are different dorm rooms, and yes we are in the same year. Do you seriously think there are only 20 people in each year?) I stared at her constantly though classes (it's a miracle that I was able to stay ahead of my work)

I was actually going to ask her out that year. To the yule ball. I was so nervous. I was about to ask her, right after charms (her favorite class) I had put flowers in the corridor that I was going to pull out when I asked her. It was all planned out. What I was going to say. The only variable I had in the equation was her answer. Turns out I should have put another. I was leaving the classroom and waiting for her when I realised she already went ahead. I went down the hallway to our next class, when I heard her voice in a branched off corridor. I went down it a bit when I realised what the conversation was. One of the boys was asking her out. I listened, (ok I eavesdropped) The tension was thick, she waited a couple seconds before answering...

"Yes"

Tears started filling my eyes. Of course she was straight. I ran to the bathrooms, skipping class for the first time. I beat myself up. Of course. I mean most people are straight right? And it's probably a good thing that he asked her. I mean what if i did and she turned me down? What if she told people that I was gay? It hurt to think about. I am not out to my parents, and they are a very old wizarding family, it would be disastrous. It's a good thing, I told myself, a very good thing.

I snap out of it. I touch my eyes. They are wet.

What was I doing? Oh right.

Book.

I scan the room again. Nothing.. wait... I run down to the ground, I see the edge of a book sticking out from under a fallen over wooden piece of furniture. I lift it up and- nope. Nevermind. The book was too water-(or rather liquid) damaged to be of any use. Sighing, I stand up. Oh no. I look at my arms and legs, they are filled with scratches, bruises and broken glass. I start to get to work. I only get the glass out when I hear a weak, '..s2...?' Shit. How long was I gone?!?! I run out, cuts forgotten. I sprint to the bed.

'Hey S1,' I say gently dabbing her head with a cloth. 'How are you feeling?'

'Awful' she mumbles. I chuckle. 'No.' I look at her confused. 'Where were you'. God her voice is weak.

"I was in Madam Pomphrey's office, looking for a book that knows how to treat werewolf wounds." I say

'Oh, did you find anything?'

"No, I only found one book but it was too liquid-damaged to be of any use.'

'Oh. well i am mad at you.'

"...what?" I say, why is she mad at me?

'You...left..' Oh Merlin, her voice is so weak. I slip my hand into hers.

'I am sorry. I was worried about you so I looked for-'

'just... don't leave again...' She interrupts. She tightens her hand around mine and slowly drifts back to sleep. I stare at our hands for a solid ten mins and then at her.

Maybe there is a little time to be gay.