S1

S1 POV)

I remember drifting in and out of consciousness. Just flashes of it though. S2 was always there though. Fixing bandages, dabbing my face, doing anything. But this time was different.

Instant dread filled me. Did something happen to her? Was she attacked? Did she get hurt? Did she die? Is she alright? Did-

No.

She wouldn't leave me...right? Why would she take care of me and leave? My mind is racing with thoughts. Where is she? I am starting to panic. Everything feels cold.

'S2?' I call out.

I hear a crash. Oh no what if she was hiding, what if I hurt her? Tears start to prick my eyes. My mind is wild, thoughts and horrors racing through my mind and-

Oh there she is.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. The sight of her instantly calming me. Oh thank god she's safe. Or at least as safe as she can be in a castle under siege. 'Hey' she says, dabbing my forehead. 'How are you feeling'

What kind of question is that? You just left! 'Awful' I say. She chuckles, why is she chuckling? 'No' she tilts her head. God she's dense. 'Where were you?'

"I was in Madam Pomphrey's office, looking for a book that knows how to treat werewolf wounds' oh, she was doing something for me.

'Oh, did you find anything?'

'No, i only found one book but it was too liquid-damaged to be of any use'

Oh. then she shouldn't have been out looking for stuff, not for me. 'Oh, well I'm mad at you'

'...what?' she asks. How is she so oblivious?

'You left' she slips her hand into mine, it's so warm. Everything is getting a bit fuzzy.

'I am sorry. I was worried about you so I looked for-'

'Just don't.. Leave.. Again...' I interrupt. Everythings getting dark, I tighten my hand around hers and slowly lose consciousness.

...

I wake up a little while later and S2 is still there. She fell asleep on my lap. She's still holding my hand. She's so beautiful. And smart and talented and perfect. But also not. I don't know how to describe it. She puts on this exterior for everyone. I remember her before. She joked and laughed. She helped younger students with work. She planned parties, but sometime around mid-4th year she stopped smiling, she skipped meals to study (like she needs to study in the first place) She seemed to be avoiding everyone. I barely saw her for the rest of the year and after that, I just thought the transferred, or was homeschooled.

She shifts in her sleep, She is so beautiful, I can't for the life of me figure out why no one is dating her. She mumbles my name and my heart jumps. God, I am Bi. I shift just a bit , not really thinking of the action. Until that is she starts to wake up.

SHITE! I kick myself mentally. Are you kidding me!?!?!

'I am sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up' I say at the same time she says 'I'm sorry, didn't mean ta fall asleep', yawning .

'No, no, it's okay, you've been up all night' I say

We give each other half smiles and sit in semi-if-not-very-awkward silence for a couple mins

'OH MY GOD' I scream, seeing her arms

'What!?!?!' She yelps jumping up and scanning the room for threats.

'What happened to your hands!?!'

'Oh'

"'oH?'!!?" I say incredulously. 'They are COVERED in cuts.'

'It's nothing'

'It is NOT nothing, give them to me, let me bandage them!'

'Okay, if you want to..' She hands me the roll.

Once again we sit in silence, this time as I bandage her arms.

'Sooo' I say, breaking the silence 'I was wondering, how were you able to escape going into the dungeon?'

'Hmm? Oh I pretended I was a ravenclaw.'

'How?!?' I said confused, I mean I pretended to be ravenclaw as well, but not for a long period of time, and there would have been tons of other people.

'I slipped in with the group.' I look at her agape.

'Well what about your robes, there's no way you could have taken them off without drawing attention to yourself"

"A, I excel at not drawing attention to myself and B, I didn't wear them in the first place."

'Oh' well that was a good idea. 'But why did you stay?'

'Why did you?' she says looking up at me.

'...That was a very obvious deflect of the question'

'Well of course it was'

'If I say, then will you?'

'...'

'I am taking that as a yes. '

'Fine'

'Well, I stayed because this is my home, my first real home, I am a halfblood and my parents are always fighting. Hogwarts was the first place I felt like I belonged. And there is no way that I am going to just sit by and let it fall, solely because a lot of the people who we are fighting, once upon a time slept in the same dorms as me. It's unfair and stupid." That felt amazing, I think that might be the first time I really said all that aloud to someone.

'You're right'

'Of course I am,' I say cutting off her bandage from the roll. 'Now it's your turn'

'Well, um, I stayed because... I felt that's the most good I could do, I know that Potter can stop Voldemort and I know that I can help, I also knew that one day, the houses will start to merge and friend groups won't all be from the same house. I know that one day, slytherin will be redeemed, or rather understood. and maybe that day can come faster if they know that there was a slytherin fighting beside them.'

'Wow'

'I know it's kinda pathetic, right?'

'No not at all.'

We sit in silence.