FIVE YEARS LATER

S2 POV)

I can't believe its been 5 years already.

Let's give you the sum up, why don't we.

S1 and I started dating immediately after the battle.

Well not immediately, there was some clean up and explaining to do to Mcgonagall. She was not happy with us not listening. But after S1 ...informed her that she's been unfair to the slytherin house (she's so cute when she's mad) Mcgonagall, after many seconds of stunned silence, apologized and promised that as headmistress she would try her best to bring the houses closer, and sent us on our way.

Then we started dating.

We dated throughout our '8th' year -the make-up year for the 7th year students-

(I joined quidditch again) (Drarry FINALLY got together) and we moved in together immediately after.

We proposed to each other (I know cliche, but we didn't plan it) about a year after moving in together and got married after 3 years of dating.

A couple months later, I lost a bet (don't ask) and we adopted our first kid.

Emily.

She was 10 years old and we adopted her from a muggle orphanage (We heard muggle ones treat kids worse) and so you can imagine our surprise when she got a hogwarts letter a year later.

(Just so you know I did want a kid, We were just in the middle of trying to organise these jobs at Hogwarts and I knew that neither of us could drop out of our own battles to be a stay at home mom, so we got an older kid.)

And speaking of our jobs.. I created a new branch of teachers at hogwarts. We are support teachers and instead of at most muggle schools (Where we got the idea) we don't just have our doors open, we are intertwined with the students. We eat, sleep, and go to classes with them. We don't patronize or push. We create safe spaces for students. And if they aren't comfortable talking to us, we have two heads and students can go to them. And if they don't feel safe going to the heads, there are two passwords to go to the headmasters office and the second sends them to a separate room that Mcgonagall will talk to them in. We are sworn to secrecy, no cameras, no videos, no recordings of any sort, the only information that is allowed to be said outside is what the student wants. The heads sit at the teachers table, but hang out in the common room.

S1, on the other hand, built an entire system -in just 2 short years- to quite literally mix the hogwarts houses. I don't know all the details, but all of the even years have the option of spending varied amounts of time in different houses and every 3rd year is required to spend at least a set amount of hours (the total is around a week or two) in a different house.

'I know this sounds complicated' S1 said to me one night, 'But with this set up, kids will be able to see the wonder and amazingness in their house, for at least a year, and get settled into hogwarts, but will also get to, in their second year, and in some cases -If they haven't taken the option in 2nd year, or were too busy with studies to- in their third year, have to see other houses and how they work, so the student will see that while we are cool in our own way, we aren't too different. While, at the same time trying not to disrupt settling in and their capability in doing homework and learning.'

'...'

'They get to see other houses, while being settled in theirs and Hogwarts, and not disrupting their schedules'

'Thank you' I said chuckling.

Anyways, we got our jobs figured out (We are both starting this year), And we are currently standing in front of a Scarlet Train on platform 9 ⅔, seeing our daughter off.

'I still don't understand why I can't just floo powder with you guys' Emily says for the hundredth time.

'It's for the experience' S1 says, pulling her cheek.

'Shop it ure imberishing ma' she says laughing.

'Oh really?' I say kneeling down as well. I start tickling her 'What about now?'

'YES!'

Laughing we go into a group hug. The train hoots(?) and we separate. Emily kisses us on the cheek and makes us promise we won't call her our in front of all the students. 'Sureeee' we respond very obviously crossing our fingers. We all chuckle and Emily runs off to find her compartment, and we wave her good bye.

Standing up, I lean into S1, and wrap my hand around her waist, as we wave and watch the scarlet train pull out. We stay there for a couple mins, even after all the parents have filed out.

"We should probably move, this is getting kinda weird" S1 says, as we stand there still facing the empty train.

'Yea..' I say laughing, 'Also we are going to be late in a couple mins'

'WHAT!?!' S1 shouts.

She grabs my hand and pulls me to the gate, running. and I laugh, and run with her, happier than I've ever been.

I couldn't be luckier.