Chapter 11

❤︎

Chapter 11

"Arthit, I would like you to be welcoming to our new neighbors. They have a child roughly the same age as you, so I hope you will gain a new friend," my mother informed me as we approached the house next-door to ours.

"Hello," a kind-looking woman greeted us at the door. 

I grabbed my mum's arm and tried to hide behind her.

A tall boy, who looked slightly older than me, appeared from behind the woman and gave me a wide smile. He was in a casual white t-shirt and jeans and his hair was all...messy. "Hi, what's your name?" he asked curiously, directing the question at me.

"Arthit..." I responded shyly.

"You boys run along and play," the boy's mother spoke with a smile and just as boldly as he'd spoken, the boy grabbed my hand and walked me into his bedroom where he showed me all his stuff. He liked cars, had tons of posters of Bleach and Naruto and played with action figures.

"You can call me Kong," he introduced himself as he looked for something we could play with.

"H-how old are you?" I stammered looking around the place, his bedroom was much cooler than mine. Mine was too plain and had only a few toys, he seemed to have every toy I'd always wanted.

"I'm 12," he said, giving me a really cool car model to play with. "You?"

"11..."

"Cool, I'm attending the same school as you from tomorrow," he said with the same warm smile he had given me earlier. "We'll probably see each other often then!"

He took out a few more car toys and began setting up a race track. I stood there, hesitant for a few seconds, before smiling widely and sitting down beside him to play. Not long after, I had lost myself in the excitement of playing with cool cars and gaining a new friend.

❤︎

"It's time to go home, Arthit!" My mum called for me from the living room. Disappointed that we'd have to leave already, I reluctantly put down my car model and looked at the boy. He too, placed whatever was on his hands on the floor and stood up.

"Let's go," he directed me out of his bedroom and down to the living room where our mothers were chatting.

"Did you boys have a good time?" my mum asked as she took my hand. 

I nodded with a bright smile. 

I really liked Kong. He was a nice kid.

❤︎

"Who is that?" my classmate asked me as an older group of students approached us at school.

"I...dunno," I whimpered, scared of the bigger boys. I didn't recognize any of them.

"Hey Arthit," a tall boy walked to the front, surprising me. I looked closely at the boy. His dark-brown hair was gelled and spiked, and his clothes were black, messy and wrinkled. He looked like a really bad kid. Their whole group looked like a bunch of gangsters.

"It's me, remember? Your next door neighbor." 

0_0 Kong???

Wut?! He looks soooo different! I finally realized who he was and nodded silently while my classmate kept tugging at my arm in obvious discomfort. The other big boys looked thoroughly surprised at why one of their friends was talking to some kids younger than he was.