Falling (Part 1 of "The Effect")

(Third person POV)

Henry was astonished at what just happen. He couldn't believe it but yet he was betrayed by his own clan and was now falling to his own demise. But while Henry falling to his demise he tried to think of a away to save him and Ellie. But the only thing that could possibly save them was Henry's wrist mounted grapple hook but that can only support the weight of one person without snapping wich would make it useless. Henry then made the hard decision to sacrifice himself to save Ellie. Meanwhile while Henry was making a plan Ellie had something to say.

"H-Henry incase we don't make it out alive I have to tell you something" Ellie spoke nervously.

"O-over the time of us being friends you have been a great person to me a-and I-I just want you to know incase we die... I LOVE YOU HENRY" Ellie spoke with a sad tone but spoke the last part loudly. (Henry will remember this but is too distracted to notice at the time.) Henry immediately slapped the wrist mounted grapple hook on to Ellie and set it to decent mode to give Ellie a a smooth landing. Henry immediately pressed the fire button and let go of Ellie.

(Ellie's POV)

I shut my eyes tight hoping it would be a fast and painless death but I felt nothing but my fall being slowed down. I opened my eyes to see the wrist mounted grapple hook slowed my fall.

"Huh, Henry I guess this thing can hold two people at on-" Ellie was cut off by the sound of a big splash. Ellie then look down to see no sign of Henry expect his corpse floating in the water.

"HENRY NO" Ellie yelled with tears forming in her eyes.

(Guard POV)

Me and my buddy were standing guard at our post doing our job until we heard a giant splash. We went to go check it out and saw a dead convict. "Ha dead convict" the guard said in a Russian accent.

(Third person POV)

Ellie got down to the ground in tears. Her best friend and the person she loved was dead. She heard the guard laugh about Henry and just wanted to punch him in the face but knew that would be get her captured again and Henry's efforts to keep her safe would go to waste. So she walked to the end of the doc and found a dinghy. She got on started the engine and cried all the way back home.

Wow. That was a sad chapter poor Ellie. I don't know what to say. But I guess I will see you next time

Goodbye