Chapter 11: Obvious

Authors Note: I think I relate more to Max in the morning. I only really wake up super early when I need to. Of course, how can you sleep when love is in the air? Thank you for reading! Feel free to tell me if there are any grammatical errors and I'll be sure to fix it. Thanks for all the votes and comments!

-Saturn

Max woke up earlier than his usual time. His alarm woke him up at six. As much as his body screamed at the thought of getting out of bed and getting ready, his mind had already whirred to life. Usually, if he ever woke up this early, Max would just go back to bed, but certain circumstances seemed to change things.

And when he had a certain someone on his mind, there was no way of going back to sleep. He was actually trying to get up earlier so that he could have breakfast with Charlie. But he had no idea how early the man got up. Every time he got up earlier and earlier in hopes that he would actually catch Charlie just waking up. He wanted to ask him when he woke up every day, but that seemed a little strange. And Max didn't want to come off as strange.

Especially not after how close he was the day before.

He had Charlie right there. He was so close to kissing him; to asking him to be his; to start off their relationship. Charlie had felt so good in his arms. Every touch they shared sent shock waves through him. If he closed his eyes, he could still feel those small hips that his arms wrapped around. And how soft his face was when he lifted it closer to him.

Dr. Button had seemed completely oblivious to the fact that Max was even there. He sounded really worried when he called out Charlie's name. But all Max could think about was how close he was to getting the one thing he had waited his whole life.

Now that he thought about it, Dr. Button was very attentive to Charlie. It wasn't that Max was getting jealous, as if he'd need to. It just seemed strange that he would be so worried about Charlie. Usually Button left everyone to their own devices. Even if he told them they needed to rest for a while, he wouldn't bother bugging them if he saw them running off. That was just something that werewolves seemed to do.

But with Charlie, he was very attentive. When Max wasn't there, he always tried to eat with him, or to make sure he wasn't wandering off into anything that could get him hurt. It was very much like a protective parent.

Speaking of which, Max needed to get up. Button told him that he would be off on a trip that morning. He needed to make sure that Charlie actually ate. His appetite was growing pretty fast, but he still wound up accidentally eating too much, and he would forget to eat if someone didn't remind him. One of the maids was told to bring him his breakfast as soon as he woke up.

Oh, if only Max knew what time he woke up! He could have used this as an excuse too! Truth be told he was a bit shy to ask. That's why he always settled to eat lunch and dinner with him. It was so hard to tear himself away from him when he needed to go to meetings or help his father with paperwork. His dad would always ask how Charlie was. He didn't have much time to visit with all of his Alpha duties, but he still looked worried about him.

That seemed to be a common trait for everyone that met Charlie. Even Aldi seemed to notice how skinny the blond was. Charlie had been oblivious to the conversation that they had because it was through mind link. But at least Max got him to keep an eye on him if he ever saw him. He had a hunch that Charlie would want to go back there. It was nice seeing him light up like he did when he saw the kitchen. It was something that Max had grown up with, so he never paid attention to it. But Charlie was awestruck by it. It gave Max a sense of pride that he was able to make Charlie feel that way.

Max decided against really doing anything with his hair. That would take forever, and he didn't have forever. Instead he settled for a quick shower to let the Russian roulette wheel of fate decide how his hair was going to dry. He just hoped it didn't look too ridiculous.