What I Was

Shu

"RedEye. You'll always be RedEye."

"No..."

"Face it! RedEye will forever be part of you."

"No, RedEye is gone!"

"Keep telling yourself that, Kurenai. You'll always be RedEye deep down. Even if you don't show it, RedEye can and will become active whenever he wants."

"No! I've gotten rid of that bastard! Valt got rid of him!!"

"Ahh, yes, the little blue haired boy. Your boyfriend, yes? Such a shame that he'll leave you soon enough."

"You're lying... Valt would never leave me!"

"When he finds out that you are still RedEye, he will."

"I. Am not. REDEYE!!!"

-

I gasp awake from my reoccurring nightmare. As I looked around the room, I noticed that Valt was laying next to me. That's right, I had invited him over. I kept having these nightmares where a voice continues to tell me that I'm still RedEye and always will be deep down. I know it's not true, but it still makes me wonder if I do still have RedEye's tendencies. It's been a few months since Valt became World Champion, and damn, was I proud of him. I've apologized to the team and everyone, especially Valt, countless times. But, I still felt that it wasn't enough. I was scared. Scared that Valt really was gonna leave me. I love him so damn much though. If he did leave, I wouldn't know what to do with myself. He's everything to me.

-

The next morning, Valt, being his usual self, woke me up by jumping on me. I opened my eyes to see an adorable smiling face in front of mine.

"Hi Shu!!"

"Hi there sweet boy."

I said as I ran my hand through his unspiked, soft, blue hair. I raised up a little to give him a quick peck on his lips. As I looked at him softly, I pulled Valt down, making him lay on top of me as I held him close to me and kissed him.

"Shu, is something wrong?"

He asked as he looked down at me, seeing how sad my eyes looked. I could see the worry in his eyes.

"No. Everything is perfect when you're here baby boy."

I said.

"Shu. I can tell when something is wrong. What is it?"

I sighed as I hesitated to tell my loving boyfriend the answer.

"Valty... I'm scared that I might still have some RedEye in me..."

I finally said.

"At least, that's what the voice in my nightmare keeps telling me."

Valt looked at me with those irresistible hazel nut brown orbs of his. They were filled with so much light and positivity. God, I love this boy.

"Shu, when we battled for the Championship Title I fought hard to get you, Shu Kurenai, back. When I got you on our very last round, I knew I had gotten you back the second I burst you. I could hear the screams of RedEye leaving your body."

I listened to Valt as I saw some tears welling up in his eyes.

"There was no way I was gonna give up on you Shu, and I didn't. I know I defeated RedEye. You are not RedEye. I will never let you become that again either."

Valt assured me as he hugged me tight around my neck. After I returned the hug, we both sat up and got out of bed. I spoke again.

"The voice in my nightmare, it keeps telling me that my worst fear is gonna happen. It terrifies me."

"What is this fear?"

I stood there for a moment in silence while I tried to answer him without tears coming to my eyes.

"The voice said that you were gonna leave me. That's my worst fear Valty. I don't ever want to lose you."

Once I said it, I shut my eyes tightly as I tilted my head downwards. Suddenly, I felt myself jolt as a pair of arms quickly wrapped around me. I opened my eyes to see my boyfriend clinging to me, and I returned it.

"Shu. That voice in your nightmare is really stupid babe."

Valt said as we both let out a soft laugh to his statement. Before he continued, we pulled away from our hug and intertwined all our fingers with each other's.

"That voice is beyond wrong, because I'm never going to leave you Shu. That thought has never even crossed my mind, and it never will."

Valt assured me as he gently pushed aside the strands of my hair that covered my scar, and reached up to kiss it.

"Shu, if I somehow was to gain something like RedEye--"

"Whoa, whoa..."

I cut Valt off.

"Valt Aoi. You're too good, and too pure of heart for anything bad or evil to grab a hold of you. I can assure you that nothing bad is going to take control over you Valt. It's just not possible."

I said, smiling at my boyfriend as I sat down on the edge of the bed, picking Valt up to sit in my lap.

"Shu..."

He muttered with a smile.

"My love, anyone that knows you can see how pure of heart you really are. You know the true meaning of Beyblade and you make sure that everyone around you knows that meaning."

"Shu... Stop it, you're making me cry!"

He said as we laughed.

"I only wanna make you cry happy tears babe. That's what I'm here for."

As we both stopped talking, I couldn't help but get caught by his beautiful eyes again. I could feel both of our faces getting closer and tilting to the opposite side of each other's. Our lips softly landed on the other's as we kissed. It wasn't but only a few moments after that we pulled away and I was able to open my eyes to his gorgeous face that he had a smile on, making me smile too. But Valt always made me smile, no matter what.

"So... Think you can stay the night here again tonight?"

I asked Valt.

"Of course. Maybe it'd be easier for me to just move in with you."

-----------------
Credit to CEABear2015 for giving me the idea or request? Could be either.
Anyway, yes, I finally did another Shalt page. Don't get your hopes up, but I do want to start another Shalt book, but with a whole nother AU. Just gotta think of one.