When Depression Hits (pt. 1)

K, so I don't watch the show anymore, unless it's rewatching the first 3 seasons, but Shalt has been living in my head rent free for a day or two now. I'm making a oneshot cause if I start a whole new book, I'll just abandon it.

TW; depression, anxiety/panic attacks, bullying, self harm and sewer slide ideation, not eating
___________________

Kit's alarm clock went off at 6:30am, waking him and Rantaro. Valt layed still in his bed that sat closest to the window in their room.

"Valt, time to get up."

Rantaro said grogily as he stood from the edge of the bed. Valt didn't reply.

"Dude, come on!"

Kit demanded, throwing a pillow at the still sleeping figure.

"No..."

The blunette mumbled.

"Dude, you know Chris and Trad doesn't like when we're late... Unless you're privileged like Free."

Kit reminded Valt, mumbling the part about Free to himself.

"Valt, what's wrong?"

Rantaro asked, seeing that he wasn't responding.

"Just don't feel like blading today."

"What? You always feel like blading. What's up with you, man?"

"Guys, we're gonna be late."

Kit said.

"Just tell Chris I'm sick or something. Leave me alone."

Rantaro let out a sigh as he stood from the edge of Valt's bed. Two out of the three bladers headed to breakfast and to tell Chris that Valt wasn't going to be at training today. Once she heard the news, she was concerned. She knew Valt was all about blading. She headed to where Valt was, but not before filling Trad in.

"Are you serious? He needs to be here."

Trad told Chris.

"I'm going to go find out what's going on with him. I'll be back."

Chris said, continuing her way to the dorms. Once she got to Valt's dorm, she knocked and announced that she was entering the room. When she did, she saw Valt still laying in his bed.

"Valt, I hear you aren't feeling well. Is everything okay?"

Chris asked as she sat on the edge of his bed. Valt wasn't asleep and she could see the tiredness in his eyes.

"I just can't do it today, Chris. I'm sorry."

Valt apologized.

"You don't have to apologize, Valt. I'm just worried about you. Is there something specific on your mind?"

"Depression I guess."

Valt confessed.

"I see."

"And you guys have Free to win the tournaments for you. It's not like I'm of any use. I don't even understand why you even recruited me."

Chris was taken aback by Valt's statement.

"Valt, what makes you say all that?"

"Not to be rude, but I just wanna be alone right now, Chris."

Valt insisted.

"I understand. Just know that I'm always here to listen, Valt. It never has to be about beyblading."

Chris said as she headed out the door.

"Thanks, Chris."

Valt mumbled into his pillow. As Chris walked out of the room, she was startled by the appearance of Trad.