Chapter 9: Fury

Happy reading :)

****

I walked as quietly as I could, barefoot, towards my bedroom whilst screwing on my silencer. Whoever was there was making soft sounds as they were most likely causing more destruction.

When I made it to my room, I stood at the doorway and stared at the man making a mess. He was just a little taller than I was, but wasn't that much bigger me. In fact, he looked scrawny for his height. With an average revolver tucked against his back, he didn't seem like much of a threat.

I watched him yank open all my drawers and toss my neatly folded clothing carelessly onto the floor. To me, it seemed more like he was trying to make a mess rather than trying to find something.

"Are you done yet?" I asked flatly as I stared at him.

The man turned around and his eyes narrowed as he was surprised to see me.

"I think I should be the one surprised, not you. I come home from a weekend vacation and my apartment looks like a rabid animal was let loose in here." I sighed as I finished tightening the silencer onto the tip of my barrel. "I'm usually a decently reasonable person, but I'm not in the forgiving mood today."

The male narrowed his eyes in suspicion and I pointed my gun at him with an unimpressed look on my face. "What are you doing in my home?"

"He was right. You're a heartless killer."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes at his comment. "A heartless killer would have shot you already. But you're still breathing, aren't you?"

He hesitated.

"Who sent you?" I asked icily as I fingered the trigger.

Suddenly, he moved to reach behind him and my body immediately reacted by pulling the trigger, shooting his arm. He immediately dropped his gun and let out a cry in pain.

"No matter what you do, I won't answer any of your questions!" He yelled dramatically with his face clearly scrunched up in agony.

Not wanting to drag this out any longer than necessary, I walked closer to the man. He froze, petrified by fear.

"Night, boy," I said with a small smile and I knocked him out.

As soon as he passed out, I bandaged his arm tightly to make sure he didn't die from blood loss before I could interrogate him and left him on the floor. When I heard my cellphone ring, I walked to the front door and took my phone out of my bag.

"Yes?" I answered, knowing that it was Ares.

"Back home safely?" Ares asked.

"Yes. But I have a problem," I told him reluctantly.

"What do you mean? Like, I will need to bring a body bag, kind of problem?" Ares joked lightly.

I didn't answer and Ares quickly caught on.

"You okay?"

"Yeah," I answered. "Let me call you back later."

I ended the call with Ares and shoved my phone into the back pocket of my jeans. Sitting down on my partially destroyed sofa, I tried to think of anyone who would do this and only one suspect appeared in my mind. Unable to smother my curiosity, I called Boris.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Boris," I greeted with a mischievous smile on my face.

He didn't answer for a few moments. "Laramie Stone?"