𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

In the dramatic words of Harry James Potter, it looked like the end of Ron and Hermione's friendship.

Ron was enraged that Hermione had never taken Crookshanks's attempts to eat Scabbers seriously. Hermione maintained fiercely that Ron had no proof Crookshanks had eaten Scabbers. Harry was certain Crookshanks had, at the very least, gravely injured Scabbers. Iphigenia didn't care one way or the other and was just happy that the ugly rat was finally gone.

"Okay, side with Hermione, I knew you would!" he  said rather shrilly. "First Harry's parents, now Scabbers! You Black's can't do anything other than wish for an innocents death, huh?"

That was when Ron lost his friendship with Iphigenia and nearly Harry. The raven haired boy was able to forgive him for what was called a "mistake made during a heated moment". Iphigenia, however, was sticking to ignoring Ron and practically stitching herself to Hermione's side.

Although the Golden Quartet looked to be dissolved, one other friendship was being rekindled. It seemed as though Professor Lupin had indulged Iphigenia's request to write back to her mum. As the two were seen running onto the Quidditch pitch with proud grins after a Gryffindor win against Ravenclaw.

"Mum!" Iphigenia cheered, allowing herself to be engulfed by her mother's hug.

"You played brilliantly, darling! A natural just like your father," Elizabeth said, squeezing her daughter close before releasing her and eyeing the raven haired boy next to Iphigenia. "And you, Harry. Remus is right, you could give your father a run for his money."

A blush bloomed on Harry's already reddened cheeks, "Thanks Mrs. Black."

"If you have any respect for me you'll call me Elizabeth. Mrs. Black was my mother-in-law and a wench of a woman," Elizabeth said with a kind smile.

"That was quite some Patronus," said Professor Lupin coming from around Elizabeth.

"The Dementors didn't affect me at all!" Harry said excitedly. "I didn't feel a thing!"

"That would be because they — er — weren't Dementors," said Professor Lupin.

Elizabeth snorted and scowled toward the edge of the field, "Yes, come along you too. I believe those 'Dementors' deserve a good whipping."

Harry and Iphigenia shared a dubious look before following the two adults through the crowed. There, at the edge of the Quidditch pitch were Malfoy, Crane, Goyle, and Flint in a crumpled heap. All struggling to remove themselves from long, black, hooded robes. Standing over them was Professor McGonagall, with an expression of the utmost fury on her face. Carrying the same expression was Elizabeth marching over to the group of Slytherin's.

"An unworthy trick!" McGonagall was shouting. "A low and cowardly attempt to sabotage the Gryffindor Seeker! Detention for all of you, and fifty points from Slytherin!"

"Draco Lucious Malfoy!" Elizabeth shouted in the same voice. "What were you thinking? No, don't answer that! Because, you weren't thinking! Oh I will most certainly be speaking to your father about this!"

Iphigenia, nor Harry, could keep it in any longer. The two of them fell upon each other in a fit of uncontrollable laughter. Between the looks on the Slytherin's faces and the fact that they were all comically stuck in a engagement of limbs and robes, it was too funny.

"Iphigenia Rosamund Black! You stop laughing at your cousin this instant or I'll ensure you don't play in the next match!" Elizabeth snapped, sending her own glare toward her daughter.