Chapter 6

FOURTH STEP TO GET THE ICE PRINCE;

BE INDEPENDENT

————

Just like what Xiao Zhan said to his Didi, he didn't get to trouble him today; they got a thousand of projects to do. All day, him and his friends are just in their classroom doing their projects. Time flew fast, they didn't even noticed that the sun is already about to disappear.

Zhiguang whined, "I'm exhausted!"

Wu Jiacheng, "Shut up! All of us are!"

Xiao Zhan continued what he is doing. He said not looking at his friends, "You guys can go home. It's already five pm, your parents might get worried."

Wu Jiacheng, "How about you?"

Xiao Zhan looked at his friend, "I'm living all alone, it's okay."

Zhiguang hugged his friend, "Xiao Zhan, you are such a wonderful friend!" He stood up and like a speed of lightning, he ran away swiftly.

Wu Jiacheng clenched his hand, "That guy... Xiao Zhan don't worry, I will bring that guy's ass back here later, I'm just going to ask my parents if I can stay late at school." He stood up and walked away, waving at his friend.

Xiao Zhan smiled, he yelled, "Be careful!"

Xiao Zhan got back on working on their projects. His back and arms are already sore, yet he still continued.

An hour passed. The sun is about to disappear. He looked at the window and saw a golden light coming from the sun. He smiled as he closed his eyes, letting out his other senses, relieving himself.

Suddenly, he felt his throat being dry. He doesn't have any water, so he still has to buy one at the department store. Sighing, he stood up and exited their classroom. Walking at the silent and empty hallway, his footsteps echoed, like a wave coming back to the shore.

Suddenly, a familiar silhouette appeared at the end of the hallway. His shoulders are broad, legs long, his figure is perfect to be exact.

Xiao Zhan took a step forward, trying to get a closer look at the familiar guy. His eyes beamed when he recognized the person. He ran towards him and threw himself in his arms.

Xiao Zhan, "Bo-di! You waited for me?" he said, still hugging the other.

Wang Yibo glared at him, "Who said I'm waiting for you?"

Xiao Zhan looked at the younger, "Then what are you doing here?"

Hearing this, Wang Yibo's face turned as pale as paper. He can't just say that his feet drag him there and made him wait for hours, can he? "Well... I was.. waiting... for someone" It was what his mouth blabbered, can't think of any other excuses.

Xiao Zhan moved himself away from the other and started looking around, "For who?"

Wang Yibo scratched his nape as he looked away, trying to act as confident as possible, "S... Seung... YOUn" He stuttered as he spoke.

Xiao Zhan, "Seungyoun? Why would he be here?"

Wang Yibo began blushing from embarrassment. Still not looking at the other, he spoke, "He.. is here.."

Xiao Zhan smiled. It's his chance to get close to his friend! He never met this Seungyoun guy before. Now that he has a chance to meet him, he might as well get close to him and win his favor.

Xiao Zhan cleared his throat, "You can wait for him later, lets buy something to drink first." he held his Didi's hands and began walking.

Wang Yibo felt something weirdly heating up from his abdomen to his chest. He already held his Gege's hands before. But why is it different now? Many people always act so uncomfortable around him, but why is this lunatic so comfortable beside him?

Wang Yibo, "Aren't you cold?"

Xiao Zhan, "I am but—"

Before he could even finish his words, Wang Yibo already inserted their intertwined hands inside the pocket of his jacket. He looked at his Gege, voice somewhat warmer, he said, "Let's go..."

Xiao Zhan was startled for a second. His eyelashes fluttered as he lowered his gaze. He spoke softly, "O... ok"

He is always the one who makes his Didi shy, but now, why is he the one acting so shy? He bit his lower lips when he remembered what his friend said before.

"Be careful! People say that if you pretend to love someone, you will truly fall for that person!"

He shook his head, trying to forget about what his silly friend said. That's absurd! He is not interested in men! How can he suddenly fall in love with a man, and worst, man's as cold as ice and heart as hard as rock?

However, the one walking beside him now is totally different. This guy beside him is still the Ice Prince, yet he can feel warmth and relief when he is beside him. It's as if the song that he sang him last night is actually dedicated to him, seems like Wang Yibo really is the reason he is still hanging on.

"Xiao Zh—!!"

Xiao Zhan looked at the owner of the voice, "Jiacheng?"

Wu Jiacheng dragged his other friend, who has been crying because his friend dragged him back to their school, Zhiguang.

Wu Jiacheng smile innocently, "Did I interrupt you two?"

Xiao Zhan felt a hot thing creeping to his cheeks. He instantly let go of his Didi's hand and lifted his own hand, proving they are not doing anything, "W... What do you mean? We're not doing anything... Haha!...", he tried to force a cheerful laugh, but it ended up sounding like an awkwardly forced laugh.

Wang Yibo was taken aback from the older's action. His Gege is always the one who will say that they made a progress. How come he is embarrassed now? He somehow felt annoyed. Eyebrows twitching, he held the lunatic's hand and showed it to the others, "We... made progress..." He said sternly.

Xiao Zhan's jaw dropped. What?! Isn't he the one who is courting the Ice Prince?! How come it looks like the other way around?!

Xiao Zhan laughed awkwardly, "Ahaha... p.. progress?... did we?.. haha.. I... I didn't notice that... haha!..."

Wang Yibo glared at him. He threw his hands and walked away, "We didn't.."

Xiao Zhan looked at him confusedly. But he ignored him and just went to his friends, "You also bought food and drinks?! Good, let's go!"

Wu Jiacheng followed his friend, still dragging his other friend.

Zhiguang, "Jiacheng! Stop dragging me!"

————