|Foxes & Boars|

Me and Jin were riding together, trough the forest. We were planning on going to a Mongol base. It was located at the old trading post. I felt a strong wind in my back, it was like it was showing us the way. We were riding kinda slow, till we suddenly saw some bushes shake. We stopped and waited... And then something jumped out. Iruki!

“Iruki! Come here!”

Iruki ran towards me and jumped at my leg. He carefully climbed his way up and sat on my shoulder. I looked at Jin and nodded that we could continue. We started to ride faster. I looked at Jin. He had a calm, expressionless look on his face. I didn't realize I was staring till he turned his face to look at me. I quickly pretended to look like I was staring at something in the distance.

I heard him chuckle and he looked back at the road. I felt the heat from my cheeks slowly going away. Focus (Y/n)! No time for admiring your childhood friend. Yeah... Admiring...

We agains started to ride slowly. I suddenly heard a sound. I quickly looked towards a lonely tree and there he was. A little, orange fox. I got off my horse and approached it. Jin stopped and did the same.
I bend down, so I could pet it when it suddenly ran away. I started to chase it. I heard the sounds of Jin's feet following behind me.

“Oi?! (Y/n)?! Wait-?!”

The fox finally stopped running. I looked at the little Shrine. I started to approach it till I suddenly felt a heavy weight on me.

“AGH-?!”

Two arms grabbed me from behind, so I wouldn't fall on the ground. The arms put me back, so I would be steady. I turned around and was face to face with no one other than Jin.

“Sorry (Y/n). I couldn't really stop so I crashed into you. But I did save you.”

“Don't- don't worry too much about it Jin.”

I gave him a nervous smile.
We turned around and looked at the shrine. I softly put my hands together and paid my respects. I heard how Jin did the same... But more loudly. He clapped his hands and bowed. When we were done we just stared at the shrine.

“My mom always told me little stories about foxes... She loved them. She always told me that if I would see a fox standing by a three or a den, I should follow it. That's why I chased the fox.”

I turned to look at Jin, seeing that he already was staring at me. I gave him a close eyed smile.

“Sorry if I scared you by running away like that.”

The fox behind us made a little sound, Iruki also made a sound. They were communicating. I bend down to try to pet the fox. He came and let me pet him and then Jin. The fox looked at me and came closer. He started to rub his nose against something. I looked down and saw the fox charm my dad made for me.
Inari was always with me, just like mom and dad are always with me.

-
-

We walked back to our horses and got on them. While riding we suddenly heard a weird sound from the fields. I looked around and saw... Wild boars? I think... HEY LOOK?! I AM NOT AN ANIMAL EXPERT?!

Jin got off his horse and approached the boars. They spotted him and one was running straight to him.

“Jin, I don't think-?!”

And he got smashed by a boar. I blankly looked at the boars, that ran away after that and back to Jin, who was laying on the ground, groaning.

“... That's a good idea...” , I finished my sentence.

I sighed and got off my horse and walked to him. I squatted and studied him blankly.

“Just as stubborn as always.”

Jin stopped groaning and looked at me. He proceeded by rolling his eyes and got up. I mimicked his moves and we walked back to our horses. Well wasn't that entertaining?

-
-

We FINALLY arrived at the Mongol territory.

“So I think that it would be a good idea if-... Jin?”

I looked around and saw him already at the entrance. I sighed. Can anyone change this man's mind? Ugh men-

“Who will fight!?”

I sighed again and walked towards the group. I got my sword out.

“Come here and show what you got?!”

Jin turned around and saw the girl standing there confidently with her sword out. Her mask covering her mouth and nose, while the bandage covered her right eye. He realised he was staring. He quickly turned back around and faced the Mongols.

The two Samurai looked at the Mongols who faced them. (Y/n) smirked under her mask. Both of them waited patiently till the enemy would strike. Silence. Cold sweat formed on the girl's forehead. She heard her own heartbeat and some Mongols talking.
Finally her enemy striked. With one strike her sword pierced the man. She looked at how the man struggled and then fell to the ground. She took a deep breath and looked at Jin. He also was done.

The two made eye contact. (Y/n) nodded to make sure that he was alright. Jin nodded back. Suddenly (Y/n) heard a growl behind her. She turned around and saw a big, buff Mongol running towards her.

“Uh Oh.”

She quickly dodge the man and sliced him on his back. But of course the man didn't give up.
(Y/n) saw that Jin was fighting some other guys.

“Come on big bear. Is that all you got?”

The Mongol giant got mad and started to swing his weapon. (Y/n) was fast, very fast, so she had an advantage here. She would sneak begin his back while he was lifting his weapon.

“Well big boy, it was nice fighting with you.”

She quickly ended the battle and turned around to see if there was someone. Jin was fighting the leader but was struggling because someone was shooting arrows at him. She looked around to see were the shooter was. Ah ha, gotcha!

She quickly sneaked behind the shooter and assassinated him. She looked at Jin. He was giving her a not so happy look. The girl frowned. Did she do something wrong? She saw how Jin killed the leader and quickly ran up to him.

“Hey Jin-”

“What was all that about?”

The girl frowned. What was he talking about? She pulled her mask down and followed him while he was walking away.

“What do you mean? I think I actually did everything good, like did you see how I beat that giant up? I was like-”

Jin stopped and turned around. I looked at him and then at the ground, seeing a Mongol suffering.

“You shouldn't kill the enemy like that?!”

“What do you mean?! I did n-”

“You should face them?! Fight them while looking them in the eye?! Not sneaking behind them, like- like a coward?!”

Jin pierced the suffering Mongol. He was taking deap breaths. I understand I broke the code. But I was doing this to help him. Was it because I have been with Yuna all this time? I don't know...

I didn't know how to react so I just rolled my eyes. A coward? Me? We left the territory and called our horses. I looked around and realized that Iruki ran away. He probably ran to Yuna.

“We should go to Yuna” , Jin said.
“Yeah... We should...”
--------------------------------------------------
Ok so I actually wanted to update this yesterday and even Cory came back yesterday. Coincidence? I don't think so. If y'all didn't see his new video go watch it cause like the horse montage- I mean car montage was cool. That was it guys. Ghost Chan out ✌️😼