the rise of the crows

The last week had been full of new techniques, laughs, giggles, mistakes, but all around happiness and joy. Youre finally in a place where you feel loved and cared for. "listen up everyone, this is the last practice before the game tomorrow. I expect you all to perfect your individual techniques and your group techniques preferably tonight. I have given you all criticism on what you should work on, what you're good at, and what you should try differently. I'm proud of you all for the hard work you've shown, and true it will only get harder from here on out, but that's what we're here for. Okay, so today is gonna be different. You all know what you're weaker spots are. If u can prove to me by the end of practice today you have improved on that specific skill today, I will let u start during the game tomorrow. If you all show improvement...well then we'd win the game. If we do win...nah i'll let you guys know what you get after you win." ukai announces. he knows that the curiosity will give the guys motivation to win. he used to play that trick on you all the time, "if you get good marks then just maybe I'll- well you'll find out if you get good marks wont you" he used to say. of course you knew the bribe was about icecream but it was always a fun challenge. Suga taps on your shoulder and snaps you out of your daydream. "y/n you wanna be partners? I need to work on my sets and hits some more and you need to work on your receives" he asks politely. "oh? are you saying my receives are bad?" you cross your arms with a grin. "w-what? oh n-no of course not, your receives are great!! coach just said-" "suga!!! oh my gosh I was kidding you know I could never get mad at you" u giggle slightly hitting his shoulder. he runs the back of his neck and goes off to grab a volleyball. Once he comes back you already adjusted your kneepads and are ready to dive and get low. Suga sets to you as you bump it back. He recieves it and you set it towards him, he reaches his arm back to hit and as soon as he swings you read where the ball is gonna go and take a dive for the ball, you dive for the ball and bump it up, youre on your feet in one swift motion as unknowingly to you, daichi, kageyama, tsukki, yams, and asahi are all watching in disbelief. Suga sets to you as you set it back and get ready for another fast hit. you bend over to receive the ball again and bump it back up to suga. this goes on for about an hour and you can tell that the both of you are improving on your techniques. his hits aren't getting any easier to recieve but at the same time your receives are getting more accurate when passing it back to him. At this point you are drenched in sweat and panting from running around so much. "sugaaaa" you whine, "can we take a break? pleaseee im tireddd" you beg. "yeah we probably should huh" he says literally sweating and panting like a dog. You both go to the bench to calm down as you chug your cold water from your bottle. Tsukki and yams come to take a break as well. As soon as tsukki sees you hot and panting he turns red. "tsukki whats wro-" and then you realize. "your mind is so dirty" you giggle and pull away from his face. you finally calm yourself down and ask suga if he's ready. tsukki sits down on the bench in your spot next to yams and is a blushy mess. you love messing with him, its fun. you both get back to practicing for the next few hours and then ukai pulls everyone back together. "okay guys I've been watching practice for the past 30 minutes and giving out pointers. if you guys can keep up this work tomorrow there's no doubt you'll impress everyone in there, now go home and get some rest. We have a very big day ahead of us" he says.

On the way home from practice you look out the window. The first game of the season. The fate of karasuno in your hands, and your teams of course. The sky is glowing tonight. You've always loved the way the sun beamed in early mornings but the way the red and orange flow through eachother right when the sun sets just bring you comfort. A pack of crows fly above the car and into your view. The way they fly even higher with each flap of their wings just makes them look magical. "earth to y/n ? helloooo, anybody home?" coach says softly knocking on your head. you giggle and gently push his hand away.
"sorry i was thinking"
"well, i asked if you were nervous about tomorrow"
"i mean i guess, i know we're gonna kill it though i can't wait to see the look on everybodys face when me and hinata do our special fly high attack. or when suga and i do a new attack we came up with at practice today."
"yeah i saw you guys practicing your asses off" he says as he chuckles. you roll your eyes and realize you guys are pulling into his- well now both of your apartments. Your dad probably hasn't even noticed you've been gone yet. Hopefully it stays that way.

While getting ready for bed you tie your hair up and look in the mirror. You try telling yourself that you're going to do a great job tomorrow. A few positive reinforcements never hurt right? Considering you've got a low self esteem they kind of work in raising it. You get in bed and fall asleep to the day ahead of you.