Chapter 9

Adrien's POV

Marinette and I just get back home from work and it was exhausting! Our upcoming show is in two weeks and we've been working hard. I'm glad Marinette asked me to give everyone a break tomorrow because I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to focus considering I'm finally gonna know who my lady is.

Suddenly, Nino starts knocking on our door. "Come in," Marinette calls.

He bursts in excitedly with a happy Alya by him, "DUDES, YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE IT!!! I GOT A GIG AT PIERRE'S PARTY TO HANDOVER HIS BUSINESS TO HIS SON!!"

Marinette's jaw drops, "Do you mean Jean Pierre? As in, the best designer in all of Europe!?"

Nino nods enthusiastically, "Yep!"

Marinette and I smile, "Congratulations! You're gonna get so many gigs after this one!"

"Well yeah he is, but that's not all. Mr. Pierre knows that Nino is friends with you guys so he told him you're invited as well!" Alya exclaims.

Marinette starts squealing, "YESS!!! AND IT ISN'T EVEN A BALL PARTY!!!"

I smile at my FRiEnD, "This is great! Let's have dinner and then get ready."

We eat our spaghetti that I made (Marinette taught me how to cook!) and quickly go to get ready. I wear a green leather jacket with a black shirt underneath. Nino wears a red jacket and a white shirt underneath. Marinette wears a blue dress and Alya wears a red one.

"C'mon guys, let's go!" Marinette calls and pulls us all downstairs.We all get into Nino's car and he drives us to Pierre's house.

"Hello Nino, and you must be his lovely fiancée?" Pierre asks Alya.

"That is correct," Alya smiles.

"Well it is a pleasure to meet you. Nino, I am sorry for the sudden email but my DJ quit last minute and since The Bubbler is the best DJ in all of Paris, I knew I had to ask you," He apologizes.

"No sweat Mr. Pierre," Nino replied.

"Excellent!" Pierre exclaims then turns to me and Marinette, "You two must be Marinette and Adrien? Hasn't even been a week and your business is booming!"

Marinette and I smile, "That's correct!"

"Wonderful, now come inside everyone, that party can't start without the DJ!" Pierre exclaims.

We go inside but I realize Marinette wasn't following. I go back to the front and see her staring in awe at the door.

I chuckle, "You coming in Marinette?"

Marinette turns and gives me a look that says I was crazy, "Adrien. He was wearing Mulberry Silk. That is THE MOST expensive silk ever. And you expect a clumsy, klutzy idiot like me to go in there without messing something up?!"

I sigh, "Oh c'mon Mari, you aren't that clumsy anymore. The chances of you messing something up is very low."

"I almost tripped 3 times coming down the stairs AND another 2 times trying to get in the car," She deadpans.

"Ok, maybe you are still clumsy but that doesn't mean you're gonna mess something up now. Let's go in, you'll be fine," I say and pull her inside.

We go inside and have fun until Pierre announces that he would like to say something, "Hello everyone, sorry to bother your fun but I would like to say how proud I am of my son for finally taking over the business."

For some reason I feel a sharp pang in my chest. I wish father told me he was proud. I also wish he told me he was Hawkmoth. That way I could've convinced him that this wasn't the way, but it's too late now.

"Hey... you ok?" Marinette asks.

"Yeah, I just... I just wished father told me he was proud," I sigh.

"Listen. Your father is stupid, and he is even more stupid if he wasn't already proud of you. Your father has a very crappy way of communicating so there you go. Now no more sad thoughts. We are here to have fun and we will have fun!" Marinette declares.

"Thanks Mari, you're the best!" I smile.

"Yeah I know," She smirks and turns back towards Pierre.

"Alright, one more thing and I'll let you guys enjoy some more. Marinette, Adrien? Before you guys leave can you come and talk to me? I would like to ask you something if you don't mind," He asks.

We nod and Alya turns to us, "Ooh, what do you think he is gonna ask?"

Marinette widens her eyes, "I have no idea. Wait... WHAT IF HE TELLS US WE WERE HORRIBLE GUESTS?!! WHAT IF HE TELLS US THAT OUR BUSINESS SUCKS AND WE SHOULD QUIT?!!"

I sigh and Alya facepalms, "Girl... just no..."

We dance to Nino's beats until it was time to pack up. Alya goes over to help Nino and me and Mari go to Pierre.

"Oh good, you guys came to me. Ok what I wanted to tell you was that every 5 years we throw a fashion contest during fashion week. I was wondering if you'd like to join? There is only 2 slots left," He asks.

Marinette gapes so I answee, "We would love to! Thank you so much!"

"Excellent! I'll see you both at fashion week. Have a goodnight!" Marinette and I waved goodbye and went outside where Alya and Nino were waiting.

"So what did he ask?" Alya asks.

"Must be good if Marinette's smiling super wide. I haven't seen you do that since high school," Nino quips.

"Hey!" Marinette shouts.

I chuckle, "He asked if we would like to compete in a contest for Fashion Week."

"Wait, does that mean you have more work?" Nino asks.

Marinette shakes her head, "No this is a different contest. So you know how Adrien and I were invited to participate in Fashion Week right? So basically Pierre and few other people will be there watching the shows and judging our upcoming line and stuff like that. Then they'll compare it to everyone else's."

"Oh ok, that makes sense. Well congrats!" Alya and Nino say.

"Don't say that yet, we still need to create the designs and stuff," We argue.

"Ok, whatever. Now let's go home, I'm exhausted!" Nino declares dramatically.

"Yeah, yeah let's go," I laugh.

We go back home and anxiously wait for the next day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey Angels! I'm sorry for updating late, I got sick so I had to postpone. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I don't know much about fashion and all that so I hope this is somewhat accurate. If it's not, let me know and I'll fix it. Now the next chapter I won't give you an exact date but I will say that it WON'T be updated next week. I have exams then and I'll be very busy with my studies. The next is the last chapter so yay! Bye for now Angels!

 The next is the last chapter so yay! Bye for now Angels!