Chapter 2: The Crystal Empire - Part 2

Previously on MLP FiM: The Hero of Equestria. . .

The mysterious voice that helps (Y/N) throughout his journey in protecting Equestria returns and warns (Y/N) that a darkness lies inside of him. (Y/N) ponders about what that fear is, but shrugs it off as no big deal at the moment. When daytime rolls in, Twilight and (Y/N) are both called over to the royal palace in Canterlot by Princess Celestia to take a test that involved protecting a long time civilization that has disappeared for a thousand years, The Crystal Empire. Both of the ponies along with the rest their friends arrive, but not before they are chased down by King Sombra's wicked shadow form. (Y/N) and Shining Armor took on a battle with the evil king, but only stalled long enough to have them kicked back into the empire. They meet up with Princess Cadance who has been growing weak protecting the entire empire with a magic shield dome and decide that the only way to protect the entire empire is to have a Crystal Faire. The Mane 7 then set up all of the festivities which made the Crystal ponies go back to their normal forms, but the one thing that they realized is missing is that the Crystal Heart powers the entire empire. They realized it a little too late however as Cadance shield finally fails and King Sombra's starting to enter the empire with the lust of conquering it once more. Will our heroes be able to find the Crystal Heart and stop King Sombra before it's too late?

Now back to where we left off. . .

The Crystal Empire is slowly starting to get covered by shadows as they are approaching the town of the empire. King Sombra emerges out of the lightless expanse and he stops with only his head exposed and rears up with a low growling chuckle.

Back the Crystal Empire castle on the balcony, (Y/N), Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Shining Armor, and Princess Cadance saw Sombra and they all got worried looks.

Shining Armor: The Empire is under attack.

(Y/N): Come on, Cadance you have to have some power that can hold off King Sombra for a bit, right?

Princess Cadance: *grunts* I don't know. . . but I can try.

Shining Armor then helps her up and gives her a quick nuzzle that gets her in shape to fire up her horn again, re-establishing the force field she used to protect the realm.

King Sombra, standing just outside its perimeter, utters a popeyed grunt of puzzlement and charges. The rising edge of the field slices off the tip of his horn, causing him to roar in pain. As the peaceful blue sky reappears, the severed fragment lands just inside the field and Cadance totters on her hooves, braced by Shining. The tip sinks into the ground in a small boil of purple and green magic.

(Y/N): How long can she hold on?

Shining Armor: Not for too much longer is all I can say.

(Y/N) then turns to Twilight with a serious look.

(Y/N): We need to find the Crystal Heart and get it to the Crystal ponies before it's too late.

Twilight nods from and Shining Armor walks up to them.

Shining Armor: I'll come with you two.

Twilight Sparkle: No, you stay here with Cadance. She needs you, Shining Armor. (Y/N) and I will retrieve the heart.

Shining Armor nods from that as he embraces his weakening wife.

Shining Armor: Are you two sure you can handle this?

(Y/N) and Twilight look at each other with determined smiles.