Chapter 9: Games Ponies Play

Today is going to be one heck of day for the Mane 7 as they were all called to the Crystal Empire by Princess Cadance for the Equestria Games. Not only that, they were given the task to welcome the Head of the Equestria Games as well which they definitely agreed to do the task of. Spike told the mares of the Mane 7 that he can watch their pets while they're away for a cost of gems and they all didn't mind him doing that at all. Right now, the Mane 7 are just leaving the Golden Oak Library so that they don't miss their train. Twilight and (Y/N) turn back to Spike with Twilight being more concerned.

Twilight Sparkle: You absolutely sure you can do this?

Spike: Of course. Wouldn't have agreed to it if I couldn't.

(Y/N): Spike, six pets are a very huge responsibility. Do you really think you'll be capable of tolerating with them?

Spike: Trust me, (Y/N). It'll be a piece of cake.

Spike then puts on a chef's hat, pulls out a cooking book, and holds a measuring cup filled with gems with his tail.

Spike: Speaking of cake, I got a little something I need to attend to.

Twilight then gives him a serious glare as she sees that Spike had other plans besides watching the pets.

Twilight Sparkle: Yeah, like keeping an eye on a house full of critters.

Spike: Uh, yeah, uh, that was totally what I was talking about.

(Y/N): *sarcastically* Sure. Just. . . don't be careless.

Spike: Relax. Go to your welcoming thing in the Crystal Empire. Spike's got it all under control.

Spike trades a wave with (Y/N) and Twilight before he shuts the door and as soon as they both let out a sigh, the entire Golden Oak Library started to make sounds of ruckus that were likely caused by the pets. Twilight and (Y/N) cringed in fear about to go and see what was going on, but Rainbow Dash stopped them.

Rainbow Dash: Hurry up, you guys! We can't miss our train!

Twilight and (Y/N) then immediately turn back to go and run up to the train stop in Ponyville that was about to depart to the Crystal Empire. At the train platform, they were getting ready to make leave as the conductor was taking tickets.

Conductor: Tickets!

Applejack: Oh, this is gonna be a real treat. Princess Cadance said she'd never seen the Crystal Ponies so excited.

Rainbow Dash: Duh! Of course they're excited. They're up for the Equestria Games. It's only the biggest sporting event in all of Equestria.

(Y/N): I honestly can't wait either. This is my very first time even going to see the Equestria Games. I have a feeling that it'll be just like the sporting event that I liked to watch back on Earth.

Rarity: What was that event called, darling?

(Y/N): The Olympic Games. People from all over Earth compete in a series of sports and events and it was just amazing to watch! They held in all sorts of countries too.

Rarity: Interesting. Speaking of which, Rainbow Dash, didn't Cloudsdale host the Equestria Games one year?

Rainbow Dash: No. Cloudsdale "should" have hosted the games one year. I'll never forget when we got the bad news.

(Flashback)

Young Rainbow Dash could be seen on her father's back holding a flag in her teeth eager for the host to announce the next location for the Equestria Games. Many other pegasi have gathered here, their attention fixed on one standing behind a lectern that floats alongside the Cloudosseum.