P R O L O G U E

Dear Diary
Today, 12:00 a.m.

I grabbed my packed backpack and snuck out of the luxury tent. My three roommates were already sleeping, safe and sound. But I could not bear the thought of sleep. Not after all that I had been through. I needed to clear my head, so I snuck out and went for a late night stroll.

The air was sticky and heavy, making my hair cling to my shoulder blades, but it was to my benefit that the shadowy mist covered me from the hawk eyed guards, whose duty it was to keep the Campers safe. And naturally to escort any stray sheep (such as myself) back to the sleeping flock.

Luckily, my escape went undetected and I was finally free of company. I needed the night, the stars and the water drops forming on my continuously frowned forehead.

I took long, deep breaths as I walked along the beach, silent, like a tiger, praying on its future victims. I kept on putting one foot in front of the other, and eventually, I found myself back at the stage where They had performed. Mars.

Hmm. I wonder what it would feel like to stand on that stage...

Soon enough, the innocent thought of finding out, crept into my mind. Thinking;

I am alone, for Heaven's sake! No one is going to catch me stealing from the cookie jar!

That was all the encouragement I needed. I threw my bag over the edge of it, where it landed with a soft puff, and I was right behind it. It felt overwhelming, sitting there, the Universe, as we know it spread out before me in a brilliant picture of a million stars.

I missed my father. I remembered that he used to tell me stories about the stars when I was little. I grabbed my diary from my backpack, feeling like I had to get it down on paper, once and for all. Otherwise, I would possibly never find any peace after the events that had occurred.

Unfortunately, my mind was made up of a constant swirl of random thoughts and a thousand footnotes of the past days. Although, after a few tries, I was finally decided. I would start from the very beginning, hopefully figuring it all out as I went along writing it. I began:

Dear Diary,

If anyone were to have said to me, what I am now about to tell you, a mere week ago, I would have tied them to the mast of a sailor's ship and sent them on their way, exclaiming that they'd gone mad! But it has happened.
This entry is From Yesterday.

To be continued...