S I X

Trouble In Paradise
4:30 p.m.

After picking up some professional climbing gear, we hit the mountainside. I had never done mountain climbing of this sort, so you can probably imagine how nervous I was.

Normally, a professional guide would accompany each group of climbers, but then again, Jared was the exception, of course. He led me to the bottom of a two hundred feet tall monster of a cliffside. There was a rather large hack in the middle of it, protruding proudly above the land. That's where Jared had planned to take a pause. He informed me that from the top, you could see one of the most spectacular views in the whole wide world, and the way he had said it made me want to experience that wonder. From then on, we'd take the slithering path, down the safer side of the hills, eventually to end up where we'd began.

With the plan all but set, hearts flying like the banners of heaven in bright, neon colours, blown by unwavering winds, we started our descent. Jared's high mood and self confidence was astounding, making me a believer, even though I was a little afraid of what we were doing. He took my mind off it.

***

Halfway to our stop, I became aware of the ache in my limbs, feeling my knees shake, nearly giving in under me. My hands were trembling too and my shoulder, plus my wrist was stinging badly, from being inked. I stopped for a second, looking down, feeling like all I wanted to do was let go, but seeing the heights stretched out beneath me, I set my mind sternly on continuing. Although, determined not to show any weakness, Jared had (very true to his observant and thoughtful nature) noticed my hesitation. Even though it had lasted only for a few seconds. He suggested that we stop for a few minutes and take a breather. I agreed, thankful for his understanding. He saw that I had become uneasy, so he began to tell me about when he'd gone mountain climbing for the first time. I could barely comprehend, let alone believe what he was saying.

- I was so clumsy that my personal coach suggested to me, many a times, that I should go home and stop waisting my time. And honestly... uuuuhh... - he started, scratching the back of his head (well, he tried, then came to realise that he was wearing a helmet) - I don't blame him. I had fallen down from a two meter tall, indoors wall at least forty times and had managed to dislocate a shoulder and strain my left ankle. So, ehem, trust me when I say that you are really good at this. Born talent! I envy you. But as you may have noticed, I am here right now. I didn't give up. I didn't go home. I tried and tried, and look at me now! I made it this far... "The sky is the limit, your sky, your limit," one of my pals; Tom Hiddleston said to me once. He really is a very wise young man and I couldn't agree more with him, especially on this matter, - he finished, swinging ahead as if he would have been a weightless, little feather, carried by the east wind. I had difficulties imagining him as clumsy and useless at climbing, when he seemed so elegant and smooth at it. But he's speech had achieved its desired effect, offering me strength, from a not yet discovered power source in my soul, and before I even knew it, I had made it to the protruding cliff, wherefrom Jared offered me his hand and pulled me over the edge, without breaking a sweat.

And he envies me, huh?

I collapsed on the ground, exhausted, shaking and panting heavily. I could feel the boiling air burning down my throat.

- Sorry, - I whispered, but all manners aside, I couldn't bring myself to move another muscle. He only smiled at me, proceeding to lay down on his back, as well. Our heads were right beside one another's, only upside down. The lone sound audible, our rhythmical breathing. I kept thinking about what he said. I just had to ask. I couldn't help myself. After all, Tom Hiddleston was one of my other role models.

- So, Tom Hiddleston is a young man, eh? And here I'm walking around, all day, thinking that you are 19... Care to elaborate? - I turned my head towards him. I knew this was something that would really bug him, but I had to see his reaction.