O N E

The Game Was On!
Day 1: Afternoon and evening

I was positive that I had gone absolutely mad, this time around. Who, on this Godforsaken Earth would, other than myself, spend a bit over $2000 to attend an Island?! Only to listen to the band that they had spent their teenage years adoring, having celebrity crushes on? Only a few years short of a decade late, nonetheless!
What was I doing?!

Argh! Well, if I had traveled all the way to Croatia from Sweden, I was not going to turn back now, when Mars Island was practically within sight.

Troubled as I was, I boarded the ferry and my trip to wonderland began.

~ A few hours later... ~

My experience thus far had been amazing. Everyone was absolutely beautiful, stunning, kind, unique and brilliant altogether. Not even mentioning all the programmes that took place. For instance: the tour around the Island, swimming, hiking, meditating and obviously (the thing that everyone was the most hyped about) the Concert... However, on that first day, there would not be one, as the band was only to arrive later that night, past everyone's bedtime schedule.

Oh, yes. You heard me right the first time. We had gotten schedules. It was like being back in school, all over again, but slightly more delightful.

My fellow tenters were all so kind and we all indulged in a Mars themed game of truth or dare, where the loser had to take a shot of pure lemon juice at the end of each round.

Admittedly, it was one of the best days of my life, but nothing lasts forever, right?

From that night and on, putting it into Sherlock Holmes' words: "The Game, Mrs. Hudson, Was On!"

To be continued...