E P I L O G U E

From Yesterday
Today, on the stage

Dear Diary,
Now, you know the happenings From Yesterday. As of today?! Like predicted, I couldn't sleep. Instead, I am writing all this down.
It burdens me to know that when the sun rises, in a few hours, I will get on one of those crowded ferries and that'll be the end of it. The end of the journey, the adventure, the dream... But I don't believe that there's any meaning in pouting, especially because every one of my hopes and expectations had been surpassed.
It's like a million years ago I came here. I was so sad, miserable and insecure. Now, the only thing that scares me is knowing that the dawn will break, so very soon. Until then, I think I'll do some Marsart, to while away time.
'Til we meet again!
Y. J. Vilmarsson signing off.

***

With a huge sigh of relief, I put my diary away, finally feeling a weight lift from my heart.

Certainly, you could say a lot of things about me, but you really can't say that I am one to waste time. And I was not exactly planning on picking up that bad habit now either. Using the flash of my phone, I drew a little sketch of Jared's profile, as I imagined it would have looked like, if he had had short hair.

After about an hour, I was done with that too. I let my sketchbook rest on top of my backpack, my drawing facing upwards.

 I let my sketchbook rest on top of my backpack, my drawing facing upwards

***

I was on the stage. It's dark, hot (even for Croatia) and way past everyone's bedtime. I just sat there staring at the star-filled night sky. Looking really hard, I found that one star that had an orangey-redly shimmer; Mars... How ironic. It was so far, and yet only 30 Seconds away. I chuckled heartily at that realisation.

I thought I was alone. Well, guess what? I wasn't. He was there. Course he was... He was Jared Freaking Leto, after all. When was he not there when anyone needed him? I had only known him for a heartbeat, and yet he'd never let ME down...

I wondered what was going on inside that head of his. The mystery of those blue orbs, the beauty of a smile. Was it to last? Or had it just been a peak? I didn't know, but quite honestly, I wasn't sure if I even wanted to know. I wasn't ready to let go. Not just yet, but it seemed like I'd get my answer, whether I liked it or not.

Nonetheless, there was something that I did know: He was nothing but trouble. By now, that had become crystal clear...

***

I heard the floorboards creek under his weight, as he walked over to me, bent down, then squatted to examine my sketch of him. He picked up the notebook, right away. His hands, still bandaged, were holding the piece of paper, as if it had been the holy grail. He took his time, before handing it back to me, seating himself beside me, putting my bag (which could arguably have been referred to as his bag, after all the mix-ups that had occurred) on his lap.