Introduction

"Matthew Doogie, Mya Reels, Lila Douglas, Jonathan Screen, and George Filters."

The crowd at the courtroom stood quietly, tensely, and curiously - hundreds of people waiting to see the 5 purely innocent teens' fates... all in the hands of a singular judge. A prejudiced, biased judge, who wanted these teens, all brought together by unfortunate circumstances, to lose their case, and face the punishment.

"I am ordering you..."

The suspense was killing the five teens, who all stood in a row, holding hands. Each individual was wearing their Sunday best, trying to look as pure as possible for the trial. But it was too late for playing dress-up, now. At any second, the judge would declare their fate. One that was not deserved, nor just. No matter how hard they tried to fight the untrue claims, no one on the jury would believe them. The evidence against them was too strong. They had clearly been framed, but wouldn't get the justice they deserved.

Hundreds of years ago in Sayersville, summoning the forces was common. It still is in other parts of the world. Some could say that it's like magic, but the people of the land never see it that way. They see it as a mere skillset.

Each of the forces can be summoned: light, dark, land, sea, and emotion. However, in Sayersville, a town nestled in the heart of the Medium Climate, summoning the forces had been illegal for over one hundred years. No one had even dared to test the waters and summon forces for at least fifty years - so the accusation of summoning one of the most powerful forces, light, for their own fun, did not look great on their part. 

"To an exile. One year in the Snow District. I will not be changing my plan, nor can I be convinced to change my mind otherwise. Court has been dismissed."

It was so quiet in the room that you could hear a pin drop. Out of the hundred-and-some people who were crammed in that room, no one dared to say a thing. They were all too afraid, too ashamed of the system, and too shocked at the judgement to speak.

In Matthew's typically bright-green eyes, the courtroom darkened. Although he was usually the one to joke around with others about the negatives of a situation, he couldn't even think of doing it now. Not with the sentence that these teens, who barely knew each other, had just received.

In Mya's eyes, everything disappeared. Her friends. Her scholarships. Her chance at an easy future. With this sentence, she'd never be able to catch up with the rest of her classmates, not to mention the fact that it'd be impossible to get a job after her sentence ended. This sentence would mean the disappearance of Mya's life as she knows it.

In Lila's eyes, everything went blurry. She couldn't imagine a year without her friends, or more so, her family. She couldn't even think of what it would be like without coming home to her precious pup at the end of the day, or what it would be like to not have the chance to lay on the couch and watch television as she'd talk about her day to whoever would listen. She couldn't imagine what life would be like in exile, in the harshest climate on the planet. So she cried.

Jonathan and George? The two brown-eyed boys looked at each other in disbelief. Who could have done such a thing as to frame them for a crime they didn't commit, then get away with it? It was obvious that everyone in the courtroom understood the kids were innocent, but that judge - the two had never seen anyone so ignorant. They were astounded at the decision and were rendered speechless. Who would do such a thing, as to frame a group of teens, and make them face such a punishment?

"Well, what did I say?" the Judge asked. "Take them."