Chapter 18: The Woman

"I told you idiots that it was a space station

"I told you idiots that it was a space station."

"How was I supposed to know!?" Han hissed back at Orona.

"Maybe by her telling you it wasn't a moon?" said Jyn.

Orona grumbled and pushed up on the panel that hid the rebels beneath the Millenium Falcon's floor. The ship had jumped right out of hyperspace and into the debris and remnants of Alderaan, only to then be caught by the Death Star.

"Boy, it's lucky you had these compartments!" said Luke, barely bothered by the situation.

The rest of the crew appear from different panels in the floor, Iksene clinging to Kes like a fearful child. Orona didn't blame him, of course—he only just escaped the Empire, and now he was right back where he started.

"I use them for smuggling. I never thought I'd be smuggling myself in them. This is ridiculous. Even if I could take off, I'd never get past the tractor beam," said Han.

With a mirthful smirk, Obi-Wan said, "Leave that to me!"

The group looked skeptical, but Han was the only one who questioned. "Damn fool. I knew you were going to say that."

"Who's more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?"

Kes laughed while Chewie barked in agreement.

"Let's settle it at both of them and get on with our day," said Jyn.

"Agreed." Orona smirked.

Soon enough, half the crew was dressed in stormtrooper armor. It was determined that Kes and Iksene would stay with the ship, in case they needed a quick getaway pilot. Iksene's lekku wouldn't fit in the helmet, anyway.

Orona's armor barely fit, and though loose everywhere else, tightened harshly around her chest. "This thing smells like bantha fodder."

"Well, a man died in it," said Kes, shrugging.

Cassian tugged his helmet on. "Come on, we don't have time to waste."

Before she followed the others, Orona placed a hand on Iksene's shoulder, squeezing. "Don't let Kes do anything stupid."

Iksene nodded while Kes scoffed, crossing his arms and stomping away to the cockpit. With a smile, Jyn embraced the young Twi'lek quickly, then trailed after Orona.

The rebels trudge down the ramp and navigate their way to the control room a floor above. The door immediately slid open, revealing a very surprised gantry officer, who stumbled back.

Orona reached up, grabbed his head between her hands, and twisted all in one fluid motion. The man dropped to the floor, a silent, painless death.