|4| 𝙼𝚢𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝙶𝚒𝚛𝚕 ✔︎

The group were gathered around the TV as they watched a car chase evolve.

"...live at a downtown car chase in a stolen vehicle. Police seem to have the suspect cornered."

Harper chewed on her thumbnail as she anxiously watched the screen. Their eyes were fixated on the girl with silver hair as she fought off the police officers. If anything Harper was slightly impressed, the girl couldn't have been older than Jason and the others.

" Who the hell is that?" Rachel exclaimed as they watched the girl fight her way out of her situation.

Harper saw Jason watching the girl's movement with admiration. He smirked slightly as he ogled the way she was kicking the mens asses that were easily double her size and age. 

" A total badass." He said, his eyes shining.

Harper glanced at the boy, an odd look making its way onto her face as she saw Jason stare at the girl like she had put the stars in his sky.

The news report captured the girl's face. Along with her starking silver hair , she had a bandage over her left eye. Harper and Dick shared a knowing look. Harper shuddered as her mind reeled back to someone she had remembered but wished she had  forgotten.  The man who also had missed an eye. The man who murdered her friend.

Harper shrieked as the girl suddenly ran towards the car that was parked at the corner of the roof before leaping off of it. Her body sailed through the air into the neighbouring building. They watched wide eyed as the girl made her escape. Dick quickly addressed the group before he left the tower in a hurry.

When Dick returned Harper had seen him carrying the unconscious girl. Harper had questioned him on where he had found her which he just replied by saying she was passed out by an alleyway near the building where she had jumped from. Harper had rushed the girl to a spare room, gently bandaging her hand when she had seen blood seeping through her fingers.

She left the girl to rest while Dick and her went to the monitor room, they wanted to keep a close eye on her, even if she didn't seem harmless.

Harper removed her concerned gaze from the monitor when she felt her phone buzz, she dropped her hand into her pocket as Hank's name flashed on screen.

" Hank?"

Hank wasted no time, diving right into the reason he had called the girl. " We've got trouble. Dawn an I just got a visit from Dr. Light."  He informed. Harper's eyes widened in shock as Dick gently grabbed the phone, placing them on speaker.

" Are you okay?" Harper asked frantically as Dick ran his hand through his hair, his face torn in a mixture between exhaustion and disbelief. The Titans had locked him in prison a long time ago. She was surprised that he was now walking about freely. She came to the unnerving conclusion that if he had targeted Dawn and Hank, that could only mean he was coming after them next.

" We are. There was a kid we were helping, he wasn't so lucky." Hank's voice filtered through the line.

" You sure it was Dr. Light?" Dick asked skeptically. He had every right to be. Dr. Light should be behind bars. They didn't want to believe he was out.

Hank's voice grew agitated. Harper could picture him rolling his eyes.       " Just saw a kid burn up from the inside out. I'm pretty sure it was him."

" Alright. Just get your asses here. We should figure it out together." Harper told him.

She heard Hank sigh on the other line before he agreed. " Okay we're on our way."

" Stay safe Hank." Harper pleaded before the line went dead.

Looks like a new adventure was in store for them.