|8| 𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚘𝚘 ✔︎

The group had gathered in the living room after Gar had revealed Dr. Light had appeared on the radar. They were going to go down to the stadium where they believed Dr. Light would be using the arena for recharge.

Jason had wanted to tag along but was quickly shut down by Dick.

" Look, now is not the time." Dick told the boy. " Let's go Harper."

Harper shook her head, which caused everyone to glance at her oddly. Normally she would be all for going out into the field but ever since she had returned to the Tower, she wasn't the same. Something in her had stirred and she felt off.

" I'll stay here, hold down the fort. You guys go." She told them. Maybe it's because if she went out and fought Dr. Light, her past would come back and eat her alive. Maybe she just needed to make sure the kids were alright. Either way, she wasn't going.

" What, why?" Hank exclaimed.

"You guys will be fine. You don't need me. I'll watch over them, just get this lightbulb." She said, trying to ease their worries. They shared a concerning look before nodding. Harper gave them each a hug for good measures, Dick's one lingering a little longer than the rest. They then left the building to find the villain but not without one last call to Harper, asking if she wanted to change her mind. Her answer remained the same.

" Next time Jay-bird. Now come on let's go" She told him before she saw a glimpse of silver hair. " Or not. Got to go." She quickly said before sending him a wink and disappearing out the room, leaving behind a flabbergasted Jason to fend for himself against the one eyed girl with a snarky attitude.