chapter nine

-chapter nine-
( ★彡 liz's dad.  )

"WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO, PETE?"
Liz's dad asked, ara held peter's hand tighter.
"What?" Peter asked.
"When you graduate, what do you think you'll do?" He asked.
"Oh, I don't know." Peter responded then looked out of the moving car.
"Don't grill him, dad." Liz said as she looked at her phone.
"Just saying, you know. All guys who go to that school you pretty much have your life planned out, right?" He said as he kept his hands on the steering wheel but his eyes occasionally at the rear view mirror.
"Yeah, no, i'm just a sophomore." Peter said as he looked towards the driver seat.
"Peter has an internship with tony stark. So, I think he doesn't have to worry." Liz said as ara mentally facepalmed.

"Really? Stark?" Her father said

"So cool." Liz said as she continued to look through her phone.

"What do you do?" He asked looking into the rear view mirror.

"Yeah, actually, I don't intern for him anymore." Peter said as he looked down at his hands.
"Seriously?" Liz asked as she looked up from her phone.
"Yeah, it got uh boring." Peter said awkwardly looking up at her.
"It was boring? You got to hang out with spider-man." Liz said, again, ara mentally facepalmed and held peter's hand tighter.

"Really? Spider-Man?" Liz's father asked.
"Mhm."
"What's he like?"
"Yeah, he's nice. Nice man. Solid dude." Peter said as he nodded, liz's father also nodded.
"Look, so cute." Liz said to isabella. "Aww.." Isabella said as she looked at the screen.
'God get me out of this car.' Ara thought to herself.
"I've seen you around, right? I mean...somewhere. We've- have we ever-? Because even the voice-"
"Oh, he does academic decathlon with me." Liz said.
"Oh."
"And he was at my party."

"It was a great party, really great, yeah. Beautiful house, a lot of windows."

"You were there for, like, two seconds." Liz said and looked up to look at him.
"That was- I was there longer than two seconds." Peter said as ara still stared at liz's dad.
"You disappeared."
"No. No, I did not disappear."
"Yes, you did. You disappeared like you always do, like you did in D.C too."
"Well, Liz. You could've noticed I was gone too. At the party. Uh we were talking outside and got carried away, we ended up going for a walk." Ara said, trying to cover that up.
"Aww that's cute." Liz said as she smiled at ara, ara smiled back.
"That's terrible what happened down there in D.C. though. were you scared?" Liz's father asked as he stopped at a light.

"I'll bet you were glad when your old pal spider-man showed up in the elevator though, huh?" He asked.
"Yeah, well, I actually didn't go up. I saw it all from the ground."
"Very lucky he was there that day."

"Oh, and verse. I heard she was down there trying to keep people calm." Liz said and ara smiled to herself.
"Good old spider-man." Liz's dad said in a very creepy tone that made ara look at him then saw the green light.
Liz looked inbetween peter and her father as they awkwardly stared at each other.
"Dad, the light." Liz said, the car started to move again.

For a few more minutes there was an awkward silence.

Everyone felt the car stop and looked up to see the school with people on the steps and the inside beaming different colors.
"Here we are. End of the line." Liz's dad said.
"Thanks dad." Liz said and started to open the door. Isabella and malina were already out the car saying thank you to Liz's dad.
"You head in there, gumdrop, I'm gonna talk to peter and ara." He said as ara was about to get out. "Oh alright, come on max." Liz said to her date who opened the door more for her. "Love you"
"Love you, gumdrop"
"Have a safe flight."
the door finally shut and Liz's dad turned back.
"You know, I have a few secrets of my own. Listen, nothing is more important than family. You saved my daughter's life. I could never forget something like that. So I'm gonna give you two one chance."