Chapter Eight

CHAPTER EIGHT: THE WARLOCK

Truly, there is magic in fairy tales. For it takes but a simply-uttered 'Once upon a time...' to allure and spellbind an audience.
-Richelle E. Goodrich

Once upon a time there was a warlock that spent their time making magical objects for anyone that would pay. Little did they know that they were holding back on them all along, giving them little clocks and torches that never went out. 

Or even better, making magical hats.

Their real talent was how their energy was pulled straight from the spirit realm, making them almost impossible to defeat.

But this warlock- -one of the most powerful warlocks alive- -simply didn't have time to not speak their mind, to not do what they wanted. To not be mad.

This is where their downside was, they very rarely found it in themself to care about anything, let alone enough to change the world.

Yet they simply had to see what the problem was- -or more correctly, what their trap shot- -when a giant energy disturbance shocked his entire field of magic surrounding the Queen of Hearts. Whatever it was was powerful, and if it wasn't a strangely powerful moose, than it must have been a witch.

They hated to kill someone that powerful.

After being alive for so long, Ezra knew the outcome of many things, but they didn't expect to walk in the middle of a cave without anyone noticing because of how loud everyone was arguing -or how soundly they were sleeping.

In the group on one side, there was clearly one elf and a woman, who had wings which meant they had familiar or fairy blood and a man who was twirling an axe that he thought was pale enough to be vampire.

Meanwhile on the other side there was giant werewolf- -who was half shifted and looked quite scary- -who was growling and a fairy dressed in green who was smiling madly. On the wolf, there was a sleeping, tiny woman who appeared to be a witch, if the sword engraved with pagan symbols and  the red cloak stained with magic told him anything.

The wolf is snapping out insults in a Russian accent as he argued with the vampire and the elf. The winged-woman argued with the funny fairy, who looked to be enjoying it too much as every time she shook her head the bells in her hair jingled annoyingly -the sight instantly putting the warlock in a good mood.

They couldn't even tell who was hit! 

But they did think that maybe, it was the sleeping witch.

"Why hello!" Ezra shouts out, banging their cane on the ground twice before using it to wave. "It's tea time, so I figured I'd introduce myself."

Before anyone could stop him, Wolf has shifted and taken to growling at the warlock -standing between them and Little Red.

"Woah, woah, woah!" They shout, holding their arms in the air and flailing wildly as they back into the corner by the other three. "What did I miss!"

The warrior snarls again, teeth baring ferally as he snaps his jaw.

"Wolf!" Locks shouts, rushing her magic out of her hand as she sees him try to pounce on their- -hopefully- -new teammate. It's a miracle that she traps him behind a barrier in time. "You can't hurt him!"

"Them." Ezra shakily corrects, holding their cane to their heart.

"What?" Huntsman asks, confused. He grew up in a forest, raised by his human mother, it took him twenty years to find out about lesbians, non-binary magic folk is an entirely knew concept to him. "Are you a man or a woman?"