"What am I going to do?"

"Ryke, I don't know what happened, I just froze," Riley said pulling at her hair, a thing she does when she is stressed.

"Well, what are you going to do? Elijah deserves to know his father, and Derek deserves to know he has a son."

"I know. I know, but I don't even think he remembers me. What if he doesn't believe me?"

"Give him some credit, you didn't even know it was him until you heard his name. Just tell him your name, and see if he remembers you," Riley nodded. He watched as she relaxed a little. This is why they were best friends. They always knew what to say to calm the other one down.

"So tell me about that guy you met?" Ryker said with a smirk, "Is he hot?"

Riley scoffed in disbelief, this was how their friendship was they could be serious one moment and goofing around the next.

______________________________________________

Ryker had taken Elijah to the park since Elijah begged him too. Elijah was playing in the sandbox, while Ryker was on his phone texting his latest boyfriend. He was in the middle of building a bridge to his sandcastle when he saw a figure in the distance. They were walking, and they were wearing all black, even their hair was black. They turned and looked at the park. That's when Elijah figured out that the figure was Derek. He sprinted over to the man, yelling.

"Derek!" The little boy ran over to Derek hugging Derek's knees. Ryker noticed the boy running towards the man. Ryker didn't know this man, so he got up and ran after the boy.

"Elijah! What the hell are you doing? You can't just run off like that!" Ryker yelled to the boy.

"He saved my life."

"What do you mean, Lijah?"

"When I woke up in the middle of the woods," Elijah said letting go of Derek's legs.

"Oh, thank you so much..." Ryker trailed off not knowing the man's name.

"Derek," he replied, gruffly.

"Ryker," Ryker said and went to shake Derek's hand but Derek just looked at him and started walking away.

"I have to go," Derek grumbled out.

A few minutes later, Ryker's phone rang. He had to go to work.

_______________________

Elijah was sitting on Scott's bed playing with his toy trucks. Ryker had dropped Elijah off at Scott's house before heading in to work. It wasn't out of the ordinary for Scott to watch Elijah if Ryker wasn't able to. It was why Scott, Stiles, and Elijah were so close.

"Elijah your chicken nuggets are ready," Scott yelled up the stairs. As soon as the little boy heard, he went rushing down the steps. Chicken nuggets were his second favorite food. Pizza was his first."Elijah slow down, so you don't fall down the steps." Once Elijah got down there, he noticed the chicken nuggets were cut in half. He wondered why people always did that.

"Why did you cut them in half?" the little boy asked curiously.

"So they cool down faster and you don't burn your mouth." Elijah nodded and Scott continued, "I'll be upstairs, Uncle Stiles is going to be calling. Come up when you are done. My mom will be down in a few minutes to get something to eat before work."Scott headed upstairs and the boy started eating his nuggets. Melissa came and sat down at the table.

"Well, hello Elijah. I didn't know you were here."

"Uncle Scotty made me chicken nuggets."

"I see. I bet they're delicious. Everyone knows they're one of the best food groups."