Elijah's Mad

Right after Elijah found out, he stormed up to his room. Jake was the second out of the living room. They all were in the kitchen. Derek stood up by the counter and Riley and Jake were sitting at the table. Derek stood in his usual Derek pose. He had his arms over his chest and a stony expression on his face.

"I tried to stop him from coming out here," Jake finally spoke up after five minutes of silence. He sat looking at Riley cause Derek kind of scared him.

"How did he even hear? I was whispering. Was he listening by the door?" Riley questioned.

"No, we were still building that tower. He was so focused I didn't even think he heard the knocking." Derek was getting upset. He was Elijah's father and his son didn't want to be in the same room as him, but Jake he knows for five seconds and they are all buddy-buddy. Why can't that be him? Why did he have to scare him?

"Derek, what do you think?" Riley asked looking to Derek and breaking him from his thoughts.

"I should probably go. This is none of my business." Jake went to stand up, but Riley grabbed onto his hand.

"Your car is still at the restaurant. Just stay here. Why don't you go check on Elijah? You are probably the only one here he isn't mad at." Riley said and Jake went upstairs. This just made Derek even angrier. Riley turned to look at him. He wasn't showing any emotions on his face. He was good at concealing emotions. Riley didn't know how upset he was until she opened her mouth.

"You need to figure out what you are doing and if you are ready to be responsible. This can't happen again. You could have at least called me. He's my baby and he is also a top priority. I can't keep you from him, so I'm not even going to try, but you have to be responsible," Riley said with a sigh.

"You don't think I don't know that. I feel terrible about not picking him up. I feel awful that he is terrified of me. It's so hard. He loves literally everyone but me, his father. I wish I could change it but I can't so for the love of God stop bringing it up," Derek yelled then immediately felt bad. He knew she was right. He also knew that he shouldn't tell her the real reason he forgot yet. He needs to figure out if Elijah's a werewolf or not. If he was, then he would need to tell Riley how about him and Elijah. He had a feeling that Elijah was a werewolf because he heard from the living room into the door, but he wasn't sure yet. He needed more proof.

"Okay, Derek. Just calm down. I know this is a lot. I dealt with it at sixteen, but getting angry isn't going to help anything. I think we just need to let him be for tonight, maybe even tomorrow. If we go up there now, he won't be very happy with us. He needs time to process. Okay?" Riley questioned, in this calm voice. Derek immediately calmed down when Riley told him to, though he would never admit it. He knew she was right. Elijah needed time.

"Okay," Derek said.

"So just go home tonight and I'll see how he is in the morning." Derek then walked out of the kitchen as Jake was walking down the stairs. Derek glared at Jake for no reason other than his son probably liked Jake better than him. Then, he went out of the door.

Riley still sat in the kitchen staring at her hands. Jake walked in and took a seat in his original chair.

"How is he?" Riley asked as soon as Jake sat down.

"He's mad and a little sad that you didn't tell him, but overall I think he'll be fine in a few days. He was just laying there staring at the ceiling. He's asleep now," Jake replied.

"Okay, once Ryker gets here we'll go back to the restaurant to get your car. He should be here any minute."

"Okay." They sat there getting to know each other for a little bit. Riley likes hanging out with Jake she just wasn't sure she could ever have romantic feelings for him. She decided to at least try one more time and if that doesn't work then she'll tell him. She didn't want to lead him on. He was a really nice guy. That is why she at least wanted to try again.