Chapter 2

It has been a week since I rescued the beast, and since then I have been watching its behavior in utter fascination. I started writing down everything it's been doing while I'm watching it, maybe after I find out where this thing came from. I figured I can write a report and give it to scientists and get a job studying the species. I've can see myself doing that kind of work, it seems like something to do. I noticed that it usually favors 5 different activities the most than others. They are: Using the tree as a scratching post, watching lizards that climb up the wall, chewing on the hose, sleeping in the sun, and the strangest thing; talking to birds. I knew it could speak English, but I didn't think it could speak to other animals, And it isn't inaudible speech, it's speaking English to the birds and they seem to understand it. So far, it's only spoken to birds and not any other creatures that usually climb the tree like squirrels. one morning, I heard profanity and growling outside, I leaped out of bed and dressed, which probably wasn't necessary if somebody was going to be killed. I opened the screening door to see not a person, but the beast picking what looked like feathers out of its teeth; looking particularly pleased with itself. When I asked it what had happened, it stopped what it was doing and said: "They provoked me." that was the last time I heard it talk to the birds.

One day I had decided to go outside and sit with the beast, it had gotten comfortable enough to let me sit with it, but not much else. I laid beside it and crossed my legs, watching the sky. causally, I stretched my hand out and put an arm out to rub the beast, I was 2 centimeters from touching it when it began to growl. OK, you don't like being rubbed. Good to know. "Do you think I should give you a name?" I asked after a few minutes of silence. "I'd rather you not. they gave me a name, a terrible one. Well, whenever one of the Class-D personnel's heard my name, they would shiver in fear and beg for their lives. Ah, the only good part of being there." It chuckled. Class-D personnel. The beast talked about them on occasion. From what I put together, they had to do with that "place" it talks about, and it seemed to be the only part he seemed to like about the place. I tried googling what a Class-D personnel was, but all I got was a ton of stuff about death-row. But the beast never said anything about being giving a name, and it made me curious. "What was the name they gave you?" I asked. "Ah, it wasn't a name but more of a string of numbers."

"What were the numbers?" I asked.

"They were: '682.' but most of them just called me 'the death lizard' or 'the indestructible creature'"

That was interesting to hear. Was this beast some kind of science experiment gone wrong? was he being searched by the government by now? "Wanna hear my name?" I said. The beast said nothing, so either he didn't care, or it just didn't want to answer. "Well, my name is Bryan. Nice to meet you, 682."

"I refuse to call you that." The beast said.

"Why?" I said confused. The Beast didn't respond and didn't respond to me when I repeated the question. The beast did one of its signature smiles, which was less friendly and more terrifying than you might expect. "Aah. It feels good not having to be threatened if I don't speak." the beast chuckled, which sounded like a growl, but less deep and shorter than his growls did. The beast always seemed to have something to say about this 'place.' one time, I went outside to give it breakfast one morning, and it said: "I'm grateful that I don't have to be interviewed by any of those pesky scientists anymore. It took a toll on my sleep schedule." It seemed as though he would always drop a comment about the 'place' in almost every conversation I have with it, which makes me even more curious to find out there he came from.

"threatened? what are you talking about?" I asked it.

"Whenever I refused to answer a question I was given, they would always say stuff like 'If you don't talk now, we'll be forced to place you into containment'" I noticed that when he began quoting what he had been told, he lowered his voice is somewhat of a mocking tone as if he was trying to mimic whoever was talking to him. Containment. I thought. So he was being locked away somewhere...

Ever since the bird incident, I noticed that it seemed to be more hostile to other critters that ventured into the yard. He no longer spoke to them, but instead tried to frighten them away or even eat them (Mostly the second option.) It got up to the point where even the slightest chirp from a bird would provoke him, but then things got worse. My neighbor, Jane; adopted a small,(very noisy) chihuahua recently. And I knew the day I saw her walking it was when I knew it would be a problem. Our yards are very close together, with a large fence and shrubs being the only thing blocking them off. If Jane let her chihuahua out in her yard, and 682 felt provoked by it, all that would be left of Jane's chihuahua is a broken collar and a whole world of trouble for me...

Hello everybody, I'm sorry I couldn't get this chapter out sooner. A DLC for a game came out recently and I had my attention on that for most of my time, but ill be ready to deliver the remaining chapters of this story in the future. I've been tired of addressing 682 as "The beast," and I'm terrible at names, so I decided to ask you guys what you think 682's name should be. Leave a name in the comments, and whichever's name I pick will be mentioned for the rest of the story! Thank you all for reading my stories, be sure to follow me; and as always, Be Safe Around Draak-Kin