Chapter 5

A month turned into another, and 2 months turned into 3. Everything was rather uneventful in the time that 682 was living with me. I'm glad that I haven't been forced to do anything dumb or illegal for it anymore, so that was the best thing that happened in the past months. But every day, I knew that the beast couldn't stay here forever. For one, I didn't know how long it would grow, it seems to be the biggest it can get, plus, I still wondered where I could take it where it can be safe. Whenever it told me stories of its time in site 19, I couldn't help but think that it was exaggerating when it told them, but part of myself thought that it wasn't exaggerating and that it was saying was true. What I found weird was that the "foundation staff" basically used 682 for Pokémon battles. I remember one time it told me about a time the foundation staff tried to terminate it with this rock creature that couldn't move unless it was stared it directly, and that when it faced it, 2 guards shot out 682's eyes, he grew a bunch of armored eyes all over its body. I told it that I didn't believe the part about the eyes, and it showed me by growing a bunch of eyes all around its body. I still needed to find a place to bring it.

"682?" I said as I opened the sliding door to see the beast and gnawing on a bone. "What is it, Ape?"

"What would you do if I tried to take you back to site 19?"

"Kill you"

"Good to know."

I closed the door and walked back inside the house. So being honest with it wasn't going to do me any good, that was clear. My second idea was to take him to the zoo or animal shelter, but that didn't seem like the best idea ever either. I decided to take a break from thinking about it and go to the store to buy some groceries.

I finished my shopping, but instead of heading to checkout, I found myself walking around the store unknowingly. I wandered into the pet section of the store and began randomly looking at all of the various toys and food products. After walking through the aisle, I saw something that caught my attention. It was one of those long rope things that you use to play with dogs, which gave me an idea. 682 had never been the playful type, but I figured I'd see what would happen if I were to present it with a toy. I drove home and headed to the backyard, where I found 682 loungings in the sun. "What is it?" It said as it heard the sliding door open. "I got something for you," I said.

"What is it?" It asked, getting up. I pulled the rope out of the bag and showed it to 682. It examined the rope carefully, and I began swinging side to side as you would to a dog. Its eyes followed the toy and didn't stop, I was thinking that it thought the toy was alive or something. Then it did something I did not expect it to do. It grabbed the rope and began trying to grab it from my grasp. I grabbed the other end of the rope and try to retrieve the rope, before long, we were in a full-on Tug-of-war. Or, at least I thought it was, 682 didn't say anything as we fought for the rope, only growling playfully (I think so?) every few seconds.

Eventually, I had to let go of the rope, I was surprised I could hold onto it for that long, with 682 being way stronger than me. When I let go, it gave me a look of amusement. "Well Ape, that... was fun." It said, panting. The expression on its face seemed to resemble a smile, which was the first time I had ever seen it express true happiness before. "I'm glad you had fun," I said as I put down the rope, which is picked up and began gnawing on. We played with the rope for the rest of the afternoon, and then I made its dinner. After, I went back inside and sat on the couch, exhausted. I could see the beast from the window, sleeping with the rope still in its mouth. I smiled as I pulled out my phone and began looking for site 19, searching for more answers on where it came from. I came across a website titled "SCP foundation." I clicked on it and was taken to a page, with a large text box with flashing letters reading: "Warning! This page is protected by the government and is classified. Any unauthorized person will be found and in some cases, possibly be terminated." This was different from the other SCP websites I've visited. This one was more official-looking, and I thought that it was probably the real thing. I hit "I agree," and was taken to a page with a large search bar, and a bunch of other links on the top of the page. Curiously, I typed in "682" into the search bar, and what I found shocked me. The words on the page in front of me were a ton of things I already knew, but what shocked me was the pictures, which I had never seen. They were lined up one by one, with descriptions about what was happening in the photos. There was a picture of its "containment cell," which appeared to be a large tank. There was a photo of 682 attacking guards, facing other SCPs, and short video clips of it trying to breach containment. The worst pictures were the ones with him with brutal physical damage, covered in blood, missing limbs, it went on and on. I was about to click away, disgusted at what I saw, when my phone rang, causing me to jump. The caller was titled "unknown," and still shaking from being scared by the ringing, I accepted the call. "Hello?" I said nervously.

"Good evening Bryan, we apologize for calling this late in the day, but we'll make this quick."

"Who is this?"

"This is an agent from a classified government foundation. It's come to our attention that you have been housing SCP-682."

"You must have the wrong number," I said, about to hang up.

"Sir, do not hang up. Just tell us if you have 682 in your custody, and you won't be punished."

"I do not have 682," I said.

"Sir, you are making this hard for me. We are trying to protect you, are you or are you not housing 682?"

"No..." I said nervously. The voice on the other line went silent, before saying, "Very well. Have a nice night." He hung up.

Oh no...

Hey everyone! Thank you for coming this far with me on this story, there will be a couple more chapters, and I can't wait to hear what you guys think about the coming chapters. I'm currently on break right now, but I decided that I wasn't going to let that stop me from writing a chapter today. If you haven't already, make sure to follow so that you never miss any of my newest stories. Thanks again to those who voted. You know who you are :)